SUMMER BBQ at OUR NY HOME

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
:bunny: I hope I posted this in the right LOCATION, if not can a Mod please move it to its appropriate topic! :)

OK a couple of members have asked me to hurry up and post this event up so I am FINALLY doing so. After discussing with the wife [of course] I am extending an invitation to our DR1 members in the NY [or tri-state, or out of state] areas to our annual SUMMER BBQ!
Date: SATURDAY June 28th
Time: Guests are welcome ANY TIME, the party will start early like 11am through closing time...LOL
Notes/Requests: You can bring anything you like [food, snacks, beverages], please note last summer we ran out of beer...we DO NOT want that to happen again! :eek:gre:

Last year we had a GREAT turnout, about 50 guests, hoping to top that this year. We have lots of parking space for those thinking of making the drive to the suburbs. There is also PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION available to the surrounding areas and I will personally pick you up if need be (both train and bus stations are about 7 minutes from our house)! :bunny:
By Train: Take the METRO NORTH from NYC remember to take the HUDSON LINE going towards Poughkeepsie and remember to get off at BEACON. There are plenty of taxi cabs available at the station, or as mentioned above, let me know what time you arrive so I can pick you up!
By Bus: Take the SHORT LINE bus from Port Authority NYC and make sure it makes a stop at NEWBURGH. Please let me know what time your bus arrives and I can go pick you up!
Metro North info can be found at: MTA Home Page
Be sure to click on the Metro North link and see schedules and fares for the trips.
Short Line bus information can be found at: Short Line Bus
Remeber to select your ORIGIN city and or state, and to select your DESTINATION state: New York, city: Newburgh
You can see the schedule details and timelines from there.
NOTE you MUST REMEMBER to get off at the SHORT LINE TERMINAL. The last stop in Newburgh is a PARK & RIDE terminal on Route 17K, remember to get off there, ask the bus driver if need be! ON THE SCHEDULE IT IS THE LAST STOP

I will be sure to post more information as the date approaches. Anyone interested please write on this thread and or PM me! I look forward to seeing everyone again since our last NY meet in the Bronx, and even meet new faces!
If anyone wishes to post driving directions and or want to travel in groups via car or public transportation, by all means feel free to! I love it when a plan comes together! SEE EVERYONE IN JUNE! :bunny:

Jaime & Castia

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Sounds like a plan. This will give us DR1 people plenty of time to make travel arrangements, either solo or as a group.

Thanks!!! Hope to see you there!!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hope to SEE me there!???! LOL, it's MY HOUSE! I HOPE I AM THERE! LOL
unless I pass out by the time everyone shows up....that has happened in parties past!
good stuff bro! Hope to see you soon!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
:bunny: I hope I posted this in the right LOCATION, if not can a Mod please move it to its appropriate topic! :)

OK a couple of members have asked me to hurry up and post this event up so I am FINALLY doing so. After discussing with the wife [of course] I am extending an invitation to our DR1 members in the NY [or tri-state, or out of state] areas to our annual SUMMER BBQ!
Date: SATURDAY June 28th
Time: Guests are welcome ANY TIME, the party will start early like 11am through closing time...LOL
Notes/Requests: You can bring anything you like [food, snacks, beverages], please note last summer we ran out of beer...we DO NOT want that to happen again! :eek:gre:I will be sure to post more information as the date approaches. Anyone interested please write on this thread and or PM me! I look forward to seeing everyone again since our last NY meet in the Bronx, and even meet new faces!
If anyone wishes to post driving directions and or want to travel in groups via car or public transportation, by all means feel free to! I love it when a plan comes together! SEE EVERYONE IN JUNE! :bunny:

Jaime & Castia

bunch of drunks!!!!!!!!!!!
Jaime you better wait for us to arrive before you pass out, people will be wondering who we are, hahahaha
LOL

nice, I can't stand driving for too long but i hope to be there.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
LOL i can smell the Grey Goose already....who is bringing the RED BULL? I might need some to wake my ass up after passing out! LOL
dont worry MAR the drive is 1 hour from the BX [yes even from La Cueva De La Amistad] but well worth it. If you make it earlier the better, nice way to relax and enjoy yourselves. Dont worry i promise not to black out....TOO EARLY! LOL

Sep 19, 2005
I think I can make it...... I usually go to the DR for the fourth, and the BBQ is the previous weekend...so cant say for sure now.

Ill give MAR the keys to my place and she can cut her trip in half ...of course she has to feed the dogs!! ha ha ha

bad bob

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
So sorry I'll miss it, love DR1 NY events; however, I'll be in the DR - yippee! And this time it's closer to me than all the others.

Have a great time and I'll be thinking of you on the day.

Ro

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I never been to a traditional Dominican BBQ.

Care to describe some of the food served?

Just curious.

ex. A Puerto Rican BBQ would consist of hot dogs, hambugers, and other traditional items, in addition to: (sorry for the spelling of a few words)

Arroz and Gandules
Pernil
Spare Ribs
Potato Salad
Shrimps on a stick

Mike

Last edited:

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
hey hey

I never been to a traditional Dominican BBQ.

Care to describe some of the food served?

Just curious.

ex. A Puerto Rican BBQ would consist of hot dogs, hambugers, and other traditional items, in addition to: (soory for the spelling of a few words)

Arroz and Gandules
Pernil
Spare Ribs
Potato Salad
Shrimps on a stick

Mike
hey Mikey, I cant say this will be a 'traditional' Dominican BBQ but from the numerous times we have had this event it is pretty consistent with your PR BBQ. I will have hot dogs and burgers. In addition there will be shishkebobs [spelling?] with both meat and shrimp, chicken, pernil, arroz con just about anything [guandules, habichuelas, black beans], some folks bring pastelitos [not sure if there will be enough for EVERYONE], corn on the cob, pasta salad, ensalada rusa, your basic salad, steaks [skirt steak, filets], pork chops. this should be pretty diverse and everyone brings a little something of their liking.
all to be washed down with water, sodas, wine, alcohol [vodka, rum] and hopefully lots of beer [lights, corona, heineken, presidente] :bunny:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
hey Mikey, I cant say this will be a 'traditional' Dominican BBQ but from the numerous times we have had this event it is pretty consistent with your PR BBQ. I will have hot dogs and burgers. In addition there will be shishkebobs [spelling?] with both meat and shrimp, chicken, pernil, arroz con just about anything [guandules, habichuelas, black beans], some folks bring pastelitos [not sure if there will be enough for EVERYONE], corn on the cob, pasta salad, ensalada rusa, your basic salad, steaks [skirt steak, filets], pork chops. this should be pretty diverse and everyone brings a little something of their liking.
all to be washed down with water, sodas, wine, alcohol [vodka, rum] and hopefully lots of beer [lights, corona, heineken, presidente] :bunny:

Sounds very good.

I might just bring some crabs and clams for those that are into those kinds of foods!!!

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
wow! that would be a first for shellfish [although i think shrimp is a shellfish?], hey bring anything youd like, you are welcome to prepare it any way youd like. we have folks that will be making lasagna at our place this year so that will be interesting!
i forgot to mention italian sausages and bratwursts! LOL

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Bronxboy you are too much, what is a traditional Dominican BBQ, :cheeky: this is an American concept that we have adopted.....but of course we throw in our "moro" of beans or gandules but that's about it then we also have potato salad............oh and the johnny walker, yuk, hahaha.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
LOL M.A.R. last year someone brought over a bottle of Chivas Regal and Johnny Walker....YUCK is right...i hope we have more MORO this year, last year it went too fast! now if only i could figure out a way to make CHIMIS on my grill! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.