Cheap accommodations Santo Domingo

LadyEph87

May 3, 2008
Hello,

I'm a college student who will be conducting research in Santo Domingo from July 1st to July 15th. I'll be traveling with another student. We're looking for a safe, clean place to stay that will not cost more than $28/nt. (It really doesn't have to be fancy, we just need somewhere to stay and to keep our things. Ideally, it'd be a centralized location where we'll be able to meet people and get in touch with Dominican culture.) I've checked out the other posts but cannot seem to find suggestions other than aparthotel pension serena (which only takes reservations 4 days before your stay) and La Grand Mansion which doesn't have a website/online info. Are there any other suggestions?

Ranger68

Apr 14, 2008
To be precise: Pension Serena accepts reservations 7 days before the arrival date of the guest.

LadyEph87

May 3, 2008
Thanks for the correction. Unfortunately, that is still cutting it waaay too close for comfort.

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
Casa New York, I think their web site is www.casanewyorker.com which doesn't seem to be working at this exact moment, but Daniel is the manager who can be reached at daniel@casanewyorker.com or ziebarthp@yahoo.com (I'd send a message to both just in case). Nice small B&B in Ciudad Neuve, literally 2 blocks from the Conde and zona colonial. tell him Craig sent you and offer him $30/night, he'll bargin i'm sure for your length of stay.

johnsantodomingo

May 13, 2006
A friend of mine is opening a new place next month. He used to manage the Recidencia en la Danae. His place is on the end of Danae on Santiago. He will probally charge around 30 US a night. His name is Miguel and he runs it together with his wife Juliana. Very nice people. I used to stay at the hotel they used to manage. There was a real cosy atmosphere. You can contact them through the website Dominican Republic Taxi service as Juliana reads the emails from that site. Ask for Miguels Habitaciones. You will not be disapointed.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Hotel Residencia on Danae fits your description and they have a website which I'm sure is in the forums in a few places...or try the place being opened by the former manager as mentioned in johnsantodomingo's post. They are located in Gazcue, which is a great "home base" area as it's a nice neighborhood and is walking distance to the Colonial Zone, The Malecon, and even into the center of the city.

montreal

Bronze
Apr 17, 2006
Hotel Residencia on Danae fits your description and they have a website which I'm sure is in the forums in a few places...or try the place being opened by the former manager as mentioned in johnsantodomingo's post. They are located in Gazcue, which is a great "home base" area as it's a nice neighborhood and is walking distance to the Colonial Zone, The Malecon, and even into the center of the city.

I was gonna post the same thing. I always stay there.

Thanks for the heads up john on the new danae accomodations.

66jr

Aug 19, 2007
Hi All;
I need the phone number to Hotel Mercure asap . arriving Thursday
Thanks

LadyEph87

May 3, 2008
Thanks for all the help everyone! Thankfully, a DR1er has offered to rent out his apartment to us.

jascoleman

May 22, 2008
Need an apartment of cheap hotel

Does any one know of anyone renting an apartment or of any cheap hotels in the colonial zone or near the middle of the city that can accomodate about 4 people.