Barcelo formally Grand Flamenco

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Does anyone know what this hotel is like since the takeover? Particularly interested if anyone has a resort map either as Barcelo or Grand Flamenco ... nothing like planning which rooms look best!

Many thanks in advance;)

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
love it

this is our favorite resort, and since the take over there have been some improvements, facility and staff. The food is awesome, the activites are great, the rooms are really nice, air conditioner works great. We have always stayed in building 10 over looking the pool and stage. My husband manages to get the exact same room everytime. I woudl certainly recommend this resort.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
We would have to disagree with the last post. When we were there last summer, we were very disappointed with the place. The staff were horrible to deal with for the most part, the food was very average (we actually left the resort to eat down at Hemingways and some other place a couple of nights due to that) and the water at the beach was so murky we could not see the bottom when we were only in 3 feet of water. Hope that was all an aberation though and you enjoy your stay.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Although I have never stayed there, two of my colleagues just returned last week from their one week vacation there and raved about it. I will tell you that they are first timers but I do value their opinion.

Good luck in making your decision.

mart0417

Oct 25, 2006
We would have to disagree with the last post. When we were there last summer, we were very disappointed with the place. The staff were horrible to deal with for the most part, the food was very average (we actually left the resort to eat down at Hemingways and some other place a couple of nights due to that) and the water at the beach was so murky we could not see the bottom when we were only in 3 feet of water. Hope that was all an aberation though and you enjoy your stay.

THe Barcelo took over in November of 2007, so if your stay was before that then most of the staff are different, and have to play by some pretty strick rules, they added another restaraunt. So depending on when you were there and I guess depending on what you are looking for.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Thanks for all your comments. The reviews on TripAdvisor were all good also. Does anyone have a resort map for this hotel? Are there any rooms/blocks which overlook air con units or anything as offensive? Which are the premium rooms? Is it worth the upgrade?

My husband is Dominican and I've visited many times before but this is our first trip back with our baby, so we're being a LOT more picky LOL

Many thanks once again ;)

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Thanks for all your comments. The reviews on TripAdvisor were all good also. Does anyone have a resort map for this hotel? Are there any rooms/blocks which overlook air con units or anything as offensive? Which are the premium rooms? Is it worth the upgrade?

My husband is Dominican and I've visited many times before but this is our first trip back with our baby, so we're being a LOT more picky LOL

Many thanks once again ;)

For the cost of a quick phonecall, perhaps you can contact the hotel directly...or let your husband lol...and request a room in a good location, maybe explaining that since you are travelling with a baby, this is very important.

(809) 320-5084

Status
Not open for further replies.