San Pedro De Macoris, Dr (video Inside Check It Out !!)

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/codFBDID-rw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/codFBDID-rw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS WAS FOUNDED IN THE LATE 19TH CENTURY BY CUBANS WHO WERE FLEEING THEIR COUNTRY'S WAR OF INDEPENDENCE. THEY BROUGHT THEIR EXTENSIVE SUGAR CANE FARMING KNOWLEDGE AND CONTRIBUTED TO MAKING THE SUGAR INDUSTRY THE MOST IMPORTANT ECONOMIC ACTIVITY IN THIS AREA. SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS REACHED ITS PEAK DURING THE FIRST QUARTER OF THIS CENTURY, WHEN ITS SUGAR PRODUCTION ENJOYED HIGH PRICES ON THE INTERNATIONAL MARKET AS A RESULT OF THE FIRST WORLD WAR. MANY EUROPEANS SETTLED HERE, MAKING IT A VERY COSMOPOLITIAN URBAN CENTER. PAN AMERICAN FLEW ITS SEAPLANES IN REGULARLY (EASTERN MACORIS HAS PRIVILEGE OF BEING THE FIRST DOMINICAN CITY TO RECEIVE SEAPLANES, IN ITS HIGUAMO RIVER), AT A TIME WHEN THIS PORT ENJOYED MORE COMMERCIAL ACTIVITY THAN THE CAPITAL CITY OF SANTO DOMINGO.

SAN PEDRO MACORIS PIONEERED MANY AREAS SUCH AS THE FIRST FIREFIGHTING CORPS, THE FIRST NATIONAL BASEBALL CHAMPIONSHIP, THE FIRST TOWN TO HAVE TELEPHONE AND TELEGRAPH CENTERS, THE FIRST RACETRACK AND THE FIRST BOXING COLISEUM, AMONG OTHERS. THE FIRST SUGAR FACTORY WAS FOUNDED BY JUAN AMECHAZURA, MILLING FOR THE FIRST TIME ON JANUARY, 9 1879

ACCORDING TO BASEBALL REFERENCE, 70 PLAYERS TOTAL IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL HISTORY WERE BORN IN SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. SOME OF THOSE PLAYERS ARE SAMMY SOSA, ALFONSO SORIANO, ROBINSON CANO AND MANY OTHERS. THE CITY IF OFTEN REFERRED TO AS "THE CRADLE OF SHORTSTOPS"

ARTIST/SONG PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND IS CUBAN LINK - BLEED (DIPSET ANTHEM BEAT)

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
At the risk of insulting your musical taste DK, that is noise, pure unadulterated noise, the video might be worth watching if you played music, not gunshots "popping off" and some gangsta rapping.

As a musician, I am usually more tolerant of other folks' musical taste, but that my young friend is NOT music!

Thanks for sharing your video, perhaps play a nice Bachata or Merengue Tipico so it does not hurt anyone else's ears! Even Wisin & Yandell would have been an uptick bro.

tambo'

Sholly24

I'm an athiest loving Obama fan!
Mar 5, 2006
Stuff Is From Wikipedia.com Sorry .....u Guys Are The Best Critics !!!!

Giving credit to wikipedia is nice.......but not necessary.

The information you copied was not used for any commercial, academic, competitive or advertisement purposes. It was posted on Youtube and DR1 (free public websites) which are not owned by you nor is the posting for a commercial purpose or content. If you were to be the owner of Youtube or DR1, then it would have been different.

And you never claimed that you originally wrote it.

stop acting like a wuss ;). There is no need for anyone to try to show you up on this issue.

The way a man thinketh in his heart, so he is.....

Sholly

DOMINCAN BOY

On Vacation!
Jun 6, 2006
Next time you cut and paste from Wikipedia, @ least give credit!
Do I gotta get Mikey The Whop to do your post production editing?

San Pedro de Macor?s

tambo'
DB is our resident link expert and doesn't have a mean bone in his body.
He just provides info.
You know how it goes...
Don't kill the messenger. LOL
Could not find this bit on Wikipedia,:D:cool::lick:

ACCORDING TO BASEBALL REFERENCE, 70 PLAYERS TOTAL IN MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL HISTORY WERE BORN IN SAN PEDRO DE MACORIS, DOMINICAN REPUBLIC. SOME OF THOSE PLAYERS ARE SAMMY SOSA, ALFONSO SORIANO, ROBINSON CANO AND MANY OTHERS. THE CITY IF OFTEN REFERRED TO AS "THE CRADLE OF SHORTSTOPS"

ARTIST/SONG PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND IS CUBAN LINK - BLEED (DIPSET ANTHEM BEAT)

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
I left my heart, is San Pedro . . .

San Pedro de Macor?s: "LA SULTANA DEL ESTE"

"Civilization" entered the DR through this city (IMO).

On Sports: A major league baseball player never mentioned is Pedro Gonz?lez. Actually, he was from Ingenio Angelina (few kilometers from San Pedro) where I grew up. He lived across the street from us.

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
One of my favorite players, Pedro Guerrero, was also from San Pedro de Macoris.

apkbhw.jpg