Best honey

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
If you want to sample the best honey ever - it is from Hillbilly`s supplier.

There is no words to discribe.

You won`t believe what happens to my friends after it!!!

OMG!!

( I am not affiliated!)

Gregory Wales

Mar 7, 2002
www.mhhp.org
If it's Quality, Hillbilly's Got It

Hillbilly has been around the block, you've got to know that. If he's got a line on something, and it's an item of interest to you, he's a good source of information.

I don't know Hillbilly well enough to vouch for his birds or BEES expertise, but if he's gone out on a limb and declared this honey is better, etc. I'd respect his opinion, just on principle.

Signed,
A Minnesotan with a R.D. Dakotan connection, Gregory Wales

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Please, a small clarification: I have not said that it is the best honey, that was AK74's Doing. I just got him a solid supplier at a fair price.
The supplier works at the university where he is also getting his degree. Since his tasks at the U are menial, so is his salary, but his education is discounted... So, in order to bolster his income, he has set up beehives in a couple of different rural areas and his honey is good. No corn syrup added!! It weighs a freakin' ton!!! So, all said and done, it is his bees, not mine...I just connect him to good people...

HB

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thank you HB for your respected clarification. It makes a big difference to me. Can you post where to obtain this honey? I would hope that others may want to buy some and help this young man.

Regards, Ringo

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am not sure I can help you. The supplier is now working in an office and the bees are under another management!
I will look into this.

HB

Jul 4, 2010
I have a nearby neighbor with beehives. He sells the honey at the local market, including a pint size bottle for RD$40. You may find a dead bee or two in the bottle, kind of guarantees it's pure honey ; )

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
At the market, the best areound here are Punta Rucia Honey and Cohen's...no doubt about it.

I think honey will become scarce, since there is a huge demand for it overseas...Thing is, most people here sell their honey locally and forget about going big time...

HB

May 29, 2006
Is there a better time of year to buy honey in the DR? I'm sure there are some flowers that make better honey than others.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Punta Cana forest honey made by the PuntaCana Ecological Foundation is really good, but the best honey I've tasted here is from Loma Quita Espuela (cacao farmers in SFM province).
Both are only available from source.