comment on real estate agents

travelingraysgirl

Apr 25, 2008
I have been dealing with a real estate agent from remax coral bay. His name is Eddie Simon. Anyone know of him? Recommended? Is he on the up and up., or have you heard or know of any problems. Please do tell.

Thank you,

Any real estate agents that come highly recommended????

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The best one and the one many DR1 people have used, you have already emailed, Curt :)

Email: curt@dr1.com

I haven't heard anything good or bad about Eddie Simon.
Sandy that owns and runs ReMax Coral Bay is a good guy and runs a good business, so I assume he has good people around him.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Yes Sandy is one of the good guys. Doesn't Eddie's wife post on DR1 as nikkisimon (or something like that)? Sorry, I don't know anything about either of them but I would call Sandy a friend.

bakersindr

Jan 2, 2008
members.shaw.ca
We just bought a house in Sosua in July 2007. We did our research on the Internet and then started contacting real estate agents. The first ones we tried to deal with were through Coral Bay but they were in no hurry to get back to us or give us the information we were looking for. We then got in contact with Jim Belair from American Realty. He got back to us immediately and answered our numerous questions on each and every piece of property as well as different areas we were interested in. All that started in the spring of 2007 and when we finally went down there to look in July he met us and spent an entire week showing us the places we were interested in. He did not just show us the places he took the time to point out various problems with different areas and different houses, even ones we liked. We finally settled on a house that was not as expensive as some others we liked and that would have given him a higher return for his work after he showed up problems associated with the more expensive places, mainly security and water table problems. He helped us with our dealing with the lawyers etc and even after we had made our purchase and come back to Canada, he continued to do some running around and keeping in contact with the lawyers and previous owners.
I have dealt with many real estate agents here in Canada and have never had anything remotely like the service Jim has given us. It has come to the point where we now consider Jim to be a good friend of ours and visit with him when ever we get to go down to our new house. I will add his web link to this note and I hope you will take the time to check it out and at least talk to him. We are sure you will be happy if you do. Another thing you could do would be to put Jim Belair into the Search box at the top of the page and check out what people have said about him in the past here on DR1.
Dominican Republic Real Estate American Realty, Villas, homes, lots for sale,Caribbean real estate, properties in Sosua, Cabarete, Cabrera, Puerto Plata, Beachfront villas, beachfront condos.

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Lambada,
Actually Eddie's wife is not nikisimon. However Eddie does work in the Remax Coral bay office and is one of the good guys. Very likeable chap who know the area well.

BObK

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Lambada,
Actually Eddie's wife is not nikisimon. However Eddie does work in the Remax Coral bay office and is one of the good guys. Very likeable chap who know the area well. BObK

Whoops! My apologies to both Eddie's wife AND nikkisimon. What a coincidence - 2 ladies called Nikki Simon in Sosua......... I'd better make sure I get it all correct while I'm asking :cheeky: Eddie's wife is the Remax Coral Bay office manager? And the nikkisimon who posts here is someone completely different but also a Brit? And do you still work at that office, Bob? And is there anything else I should know but don't? :laugh:

PS. Bob's a good guy too, for anyone thinking of asking.....;)

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Actually you do have it almost correct Eddie's (his last name is Simon) wife is the office manager (her name is nicki). Another agent Simon Hall also has a wife (NIcki) and they are the nickisimon on the board.
And yes I still work in the Re?Max Coral Bay office and enjoying it even after two years.

Bob K

Whoops! My apologies to both Eddie's wife AND nikkisimon. What a coincidence - 2 ladies called Nikki Simon in Sosua......... I'd better make sure I get it all correct while I'm asking :cheeky: Eddie's wife is the Remax Coral Bay office manager? And the nikkisimon who posts here is someone completely different but also a Brit? And do you still work at that office, Bob? And is there anything else I should know but don't? :laugh:

PS. Bob's a good guy too, for anyone thinking of asking.....;)

leekiv

Mar 5, 2007
Uhhh

Aren't people with photographic memories annoying.........:)[/QUOTE]

Not annoying at all. Admirable. ;)

JF264

May 21, 2008
I have had the pleasure of listing my property with Pat Konigsberg of Remax Coral Bay.... She has been extremely proffesional and on top of everything from day one. I have, and will , refer her to anyone.

dreamsource

Jul 29, 2007
Knowing Eddie, both Nicki?s, and Simon, I can say they are all good and honorable people, and the service we received from Coral Bay was first rate. Without their efforts, we wouldn?t be here.