Toiletries and Things

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
How easy ( or hard ) is it to get items like Pepto Bismol, Maalox, Edge shaving gel, etc. in Cabarete. I am coming down for a couple of months starting in June. Is it possible to get most of these brand name items in town. I am trying to limit what I bring with me. If you can get them in town where is the best place?

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
There is Janets sipermarket but be aware that the prices will generally be higher on items such as these, than you are used to paying.

Enjoy!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Bring a couple of each...I can get them here in Santiago, but I am not sure about Cabarete. The Pepto and Maalox are available at almost any decent pharmacy...but again I don't know about Cabarete...of course, they do a lot of eating and drinking up thee so it is probable that many stores stock these items....and they are learning...

HB

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
puerto plata has all of that at most stores, so i am sure they would also be available in cabarete

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
I have seen Pepto and Maalox in local pharmacies as well as the Super Playero in Sosua. Not 100% on Edge gel but they do have shaving gel for sure.

mike.n.amy

Jun 4, 2007
You can get all those things in Cabarete, but you will pay much more than you would in the USA. Edge shave gel is at a few of the pharamacies in town...I'm trying to remember price....I think it was in the neighborhood of 240 pesos or so (about $7 US).

Razors, Contact Lens Solution, and many other toiletries are ghastly more than US prices (Contact Solution that's about $4 in the US will cost you $20 here - even if you go with an off-brand). Craziness!

Bring your toiletries in place of a couple clothing items and you'll be glad you did! :)

Enjoy your holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.