(brand New Video !) Dedication To My Mother .... Los Mina, Santo Domingo Dr

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxcvzG9V9Wk&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VxcvzG9V9Wk&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SANTO DOMINGO IS THE CAPITAL AND THE LARGEST CITY IN THE DOMINICAN REPUBLIC, AND THE SEVENTH LARGEST IN NORTH AMERICA. TODAY, ALMOST A THIRD OF DOMINICANS LIVE IN SANTO DOMINGO. THE CITY IS LOCATED IN THE CARIBBEAN SEA AT THE MOUTH OF THE OZAMA RIVER. IT IS THE OLDEST CONTINUOUSLY INHABITED EUROPEAN SETTLEMENT IN THE AMERICAS, AND WAS THE FIRST SEAR OF SPANISH COLONIAL RULE IN THE NEW WORLD.

LOS MINA IS THE PART OF THE CAPITAL THAT MY MOTHER AND FAMILY WERE RAISED IN AS TEENAGERS. LOS MINA IS LOCATED EAST TOWARDS LA AMERICAS AIRPORT AND BOCA CHICA IN SANTO DOMINGO. OTHER SECTIONS OF SANTO DOMINGO ON THE EAST TRAIL ARE ALMA ROSA, CANCINO, CHARLES DE GAUL OR "CHARLIE", ISABELITA, FARO A COLON, LAS AMERICAS, LOS MAMEYES, LOS TRES OJOS, LOS TRINITARIOS, MENDOZA, VILLA DUARTE, VILLA FARO, AND SAN SOUCI

BASKETBALL IS VERY A POPULAR SPORT IN LOS MINA AND THEY HAVE A VERY SUCCESSFUL TEAM THAT COMPETES COUNTRY WIDE MAJORITY OF THE YEAR. IT IS ALSO THE BIRTHPLACE OF DOMINICAN RAPPER LAPIZ CONCIENTE

ARTIST/SONG PLAYING IN THE BACKGROUND IS TUPAC - DEAR MAMA AND DJ GREEN LANTERN - I'M SO FLY FEATURING AKON, FABOLOUS AND FAT JOE OFF THE GRAND THEFT AUTO 4 MUSIC SOUNDTRACK

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Happy Mother's day!

Very nice! It's always special to go back to a house that's full of family history.
It's Mother's Day here in Canada. Happy Mother's Day to your mother and all the mothers on DR1!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Good job

This video is more like it!!!!!

Love the background music as well.

My props!!!!

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
cool vid! The streets looked so quiet, you looked like you were totally at home and at peace with yourself!! I love that!!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Love It!!!

Thanks D-K,
I must have watched this about 20 times in my office yesterday here in the UK - It is great.......
Gracias

:cheeky:
Rio

cuas

May 29, 2006
My mother has a house by Cine Ana. Do you remember the loud music every Sunday afternoon?. I saw Campo Amor in the video.

Norma rosa is only one. There were some discussion about Los Mina and Los Minas about slaves from Mina or Minas settled in that place. I always used Los Mina but then they said it was Los Minas but I always used Los Mina because you do no pluralize a proper name. Correct me if wrong.

Memories.

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
My mother has a house by Cine Ana. Do you remember the loud music every Sunday afternoon?. I saw Campo Amor in the video.

Norma rosa is only one. There were some discussion about Los Mina and Los Minas about slaves from Mina or Minas settled in that place. I always used Los Mina but then they said it was Los Minas but I always used Los Mina because you do no pluralize a proper name. Correct me if wrong.

Memories.

Thanks, cuas.
If it was taken from a family name, then Los Mina is correct. Last names are not pluralized in Spanish: La familia Mina = los Mina.

Apart from that, I enjoyed seeing this young man honoring his mother. Way to go if you want to go up in this life.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
ok this one has some substance,

:cheeky:Los Minas is where my husband lived until he was about 8years old before immigrating to the states.

Looks like a place where people are hard working because the houses seem to be kept nice and the streets look somewhat clean. How is it now, i heard it was pretty bad a few decades ago?

mmencia

May 19, 2008
thanx

OMG thanks so much for posting this!! My family and I are from that same block in Los Minas.....awesome....

Melissa

DOMINICAN-KIDD

Mar 21, 2008
NOT A PROBLEM !!! SHOW YOUR FAMILY !!!! THEY MIGHT BE MY FAMILY BECAUSE MINE GREW UP ON THAT STREET !!! HOPE ALL IS WELL

OMG thanks so much for posting this!! My family and I are from that same block in Los Minas.....awesome....

Melissa

guandulera

Apr 22, 2008
Terrific

:bunny:

I transport myself to my neighborhood for a moment. I was raise in Los Tres Brazos and my loved ones lived in Los mina. :cheeky:I remember those long walks through the neighborhood to get to ?La esquina caliente? the hot corner in San Vicente de Paul avenue or to the Church San Vicente de Paul.
Thank you for sharing.;)