"Sanky Panky"

A

ana

Looking for individuals who have worked as "sanky Panky" in the tourist industry. Also looking for individuals who have paid for or even married "Sanky Panky" in Domincan Republic. This is for serious research only. This is not a place to meet someone. Everything kept confidental!!!! Clinical research. Your help is much appreciated.

R

Roberto

wondering what are you realy up to?
with this tread and supos research Ana

N

Natasha

Roberto, no le hagas caso a esta fulana. Hace un par de semanas ella creo que puso un mensaje titulado "los hombres dominicanos son mentirosos" en ingles. O lo hizo para provocar o para buscar algun tipo de simpatia absurda en la red. Creo que ahora pone este para ver si alguien le hace caso. Por favor...

Saludos,
Natasha

R

Roberto

Copiado Claro y alto

Gracias por la aclaracion

Saludos

Roberto

C

CharlieW

I have to agree with Roberto. Your inquiry doesn't sound legit Ana. I did run into some "sanky panky" at one of the major resorts. During a July trip, a resort spa massuese made a suggestion to go further with the massage in exchange for a better tip. Since, this was a high class resort, the offer took me by surprise.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Clarify

Last month, I asked a friend of mine, a Dominican and a business owner, to define "Sanky Panky". He defined it as someone, local or foreign, that does not have a job and combs the tourist areas looking to make a buck by whatever means possible. Cucharacha was another word that was given. In his mind, if one has job, they are not a Sanky.

However, there have been lots of other definitions used, so you had better spell out what you are after.

C

CharlieW

Well, "sanky panky" is currently defined in the travel book - The Dominican Republic:The Rough Guide as employees, generally in the resort industry, i.e. hotel receptionists, desk clerks, concierges, activity assistants, janitorial help, that make offers of companionship or sexual favors, primarily to foreigners, in exchange for money and gifts. Until a few weeks, I had never heard of "sanky panky" myself and laughed when I heard the term. However, the travel book stated that it is becoming quite common in the Dominican resort business. The national government is now aware of how widespread this practice has become, not only in Santo Domingo, but in places like Puerto Plata and Punta Cana.

C

CES

Re: Please Clarify (Jim)

> > > "Cucharacha was another word that was given." < < <

Jim is it possible? The word you've squashed is "cucaracha".

Regards,

. . . CES

S

Saca Panty

Sank Panky operations manual.

I was told by a wise old Dominican that the term "Sanky Panky" is derived from an English expression and a Spanish one. It is a contracion of: Hanky Panky (fool round) and Saca Panty (or takes off the panties). This is because these young men are so talented at getting a girl's panties off for the purpose of fooling around and making money.

Ana, I suggest that you come down here and interview some of them yourself. You can find them in almost any disco frequented by tourists as well as in the resorts. You do not have to be unemployed to be a Sanky Panky. The best one I knew worked as Activities Director in a South Coast resort. He told me that the first thing that he does is get his victim to rent a car which he gets with her credit card. He then has already earned a 10% commisssion from the rental agency. He then takes her to the most expensive restaurant he can think of in Santo Domingo. If she is not discouraged after paying the bill, he goes for the big bucks.

This individual bragged that all the other Sanky Panky's held him in awe. He shrugged it off saying that they were just amateurs and he was a pro.

Ana, bring lots of green. Only the losers will marry you. A real pro Sanky Panky does not get desperate enough to resort to that.

R

Richard

a friend once told me that it is slang for acrobat. True or false I don't know.

S

Susan

Best explanation I've heard so far and

It's nice to see this board being used for the right purpose; to provide info. I've noticed so many posts are getting out of control. People ask questions and instead of helping them out, others attack them. It's very discouraging. Getting back to the Sanky Panky definition, I was once told it stood for Sand Kids, Punk Kids; sand kids because they live and hang out at the beach. Either way, I like your definition best.