Leonel Learns Lessons from Bush

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaCabrera

Dec 28, 2007
Turns out that opposition leaders' phones were being monitored by the Attorney General (Procurador General)...domestic wiretapping, botched storm responses, financial scandal...he really does want to make DR "el qeque?o Estado Unidos" eh?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Turns out that opposition leaders' phones were being monitored by the Attorney General (Procurador General)...domestic wiretapping, botched storm responses, financial scandal...he really does want to make DR "el qeque?o Estado Unidos" eh?

Honestly, wire tapping, inefficient gov't and financial scandals aren't exclusive to the US, therefore let's keep them out of this and keep this DR related.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Honestly, wire tapping, inefficient gov't and financial scandals aren't exclusive to the US, therefore let's keep them out of this and keep this DR related.

So because it happens in other countries other than the DR, its' OK to casually dismiss it and just consider it the cost of living in the DR?

Whatever Leonels' government has been up to IS DR related. How is it not?

Don't want to pick a fight, just want to understand why such a topic should be pushed aside as not being DR related.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
So because it happens in other countries other than the DR, its' OK to casually dismiss it and just consider it the cost of living in the DR?

Whatever Leonels' government has been up to IS DR related. How is it not?

Don't want to pick a fight, just want to understand why such a topic should be pushed aside as not being DR related.

I'm making the reference to Bush and the US - is there really any point in using him to talk about what Leonel is doing wrong the in the DR?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I'm making the reference to Bush and the US - is there really any point in using him to talk about what Leonel is doing wrong the in the DR?

If the comparison will help people understand what is going on in DR politics, why not?

And if there are some similarities, why not point them out and make them part of the discussion?

I see no harm in that.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
If the comparison will help people understand what is going on in DR politics, why not?

And if there are some similarities, why not point them out and make them part of the discussion?

I see no harm in that.

Reason?: Simple. You have a agenda. It's not DR related. Nothing to do with a forum board that is DR related. Polictics and religion= oil +water. What other reasons do you want??

If tyou would like to debate this -tell me what forum board we should meet.
Regards,
JOHN

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Boring

Is there anything else you would like to add to your post that would make it more intelligent or DR related?" Or is that all there is?"

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Democrats, liberals, and horses of a different color--stay with the theme:
DR Related.We will worry about USA elections later. Stay focused with the ills, problems, corruption of the DR--whether you have a say in it (which I doubt) or not. Be proactive in what you can change in the DR.Voters will take care of US problems.

MaCabrera

Dec 28, 2007
My reference to the Bush administration points towards LF's obsession with making the DR sort of a USA clone. If I offended anyone's sensibilities, I apologize, but I stand by my comments.

Brush it off as liberal propaganda if it makes you believe it doesn't exist.

PS: I DO have a say in it because although I live in NYC, I'm a Dominican national and exercised my right to vote in the Dominican elections...how'bout you?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
My reference to the Bush administration points towards LF's obsession with making the DR sort of a USA clone. If I offended anyone's sensibilities, I apologize, but I stand by my comments.

Brush it off as liberal propaganda if it makes you believe it doesn't exist.

PS: I DO have a say in it because although I live in NYC, I'm a Dominican national and exercised my right to vote in the Dominican elections...how'bout you?

All along I thought you were Irish.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
My reference to the Bush administration points towards LF's obsession with making the DR sort of a USA clone.

No doubt Leonel wants to do this but I don't see how this applies to the issues you referenced:

domestic wiretapping - The US has wire tapping to get intel on the very real threat of terrorist violence in the States. Remember, the majority of the 911 perpetrtors were living in the US. Why does Leonel need to do this and how can he justify this along the lines of the US???

botched storm responses - The Katrina disaster is 500% different from the Tavares dam disaster, the people died in Cibao because the numnut engineers can't add 1 plus 1 - read the papers. The Katrina disaster occured because the storm was greater than the design capacity of the infrastructure created to handle it. This was an immense and powerful storm and the only reason that the US governemnt gets blamed is becasue that is what anybody does anymore. For all the uneducated who think the US did a bad job I ask them to look at the recent Cyclone in Myanmar where more than 100,ooo people have estimated to have died -that is what happens when you have no preparation. By the way I am a professional engineer specializing in drainage and I don't say this stuff lightly.

financial scandal all I can say is, Michael Moore isn't considered a credible reference.

MaCabrera

Dec 28, 2007
No doubt Leonel wants to do this but I don't see how this applies to the issues you referenced:

domestic wiretapping - The US has wire tapping to get intel on the very real threat of terrorist violence in the States. Remember, the majority of the 911 perpetrtors were living in the US. Why does Leonel need to do this and how can he justify this along the lines of the US???

botched storm responses - The Katrina disaster is 500% different from the Tavares dam disaster, the people died in Cibao because the numnut engineers can't add 1 plus 1 - read the papers. The Katrina disaster occured because the storm was greater than the design capacity of the infrastructure created to handle it. This was an immense and powerful storm and the only reason that the US governemnt gets blamed is becasue that is what anybody does anymore. For all the uneducated who think the US did a bad job I ask them to look at the recent Cyclone in Myanmar where more than 100,ooo people have estimated to have died -that is what happens when you have no preparation. By the way I am a professional engineer specializing in drainage and I don't say this stuff lightly.

financial scandal all I can say is, Michael Moore isn't considered a credible reference.

So you know me well enough to call me uneducated, where in this thread did I insult your intelligence? I'm uneducated because I don't quote Limbaugh and O'Reilly every other word...ok.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
So you know me well enough to call me uneducated, where in this thread did I insult your intelligence? I'm uneducated because I don't quote Limbaugh and O'Reilly every other word...ok.

You need to get your intelligence from FOX NEWS. They have an "official" explanation for all your problems. Get with it.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003

Very sensistive-but read the sentence more carefully before it turns into a p888ing match. He said for "all the uneducated"-doesn't mean he included you.But, if you want to read it that way..carry on.

BTW: Quite honestly any comps DR vs US are a joke and this is the wrong forum board for the those that might in uneducated in the way the board is operated.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The only thing I am

Hey, Cabrera, you can't deal with these super-sensitive US right-wingers:

They're still upset at the New Deal programs from the FDR era, then add to that "An Inconvenient Truth," then the fact that over 95% of US law professors disagreed with Scalia and co. on selecting Li'l Bush in 2000. And it goes on and on. They're fuming at Pat Tillman's parents for questioning the "official" Army story; demonized Cindy Sheehan for losing her son in Iraq, and they hate "the temperature at which freedom burns."

And they also believe the line that an intact passport belonging to the alledged lead hijacker was found four blocks down the street from WTC. INTACT. (As the SNL church lady used to exclaim, "How conveeeenient!")

Now they are expert in DR politics. Go figure.
trying to "figure" is what this has to do with "DR related" material?

BTW-you sure did get a lot of years of your agenda into one paragraph of text. I guess that has a lot to do with your liberal leaning that are to make statements with no backup, plan, budget, and all the rest.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
trying to "figure" is what this has to do with "DR related" material?

BTW-you sure did get a lot of years of your agenda into one paragraph of text. I guess that has a lot to do with your liberal leaning that are to make statements with no backup, plan, budget, and all the rest.
And post #2...:cheeky:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago

Don't worry, you and the majority of my fellow Americans are grossly uneducated about the Katrina disaster - mostly due in part to the liberal press and other rabble rousers. If you want to take this comment in a negative way that is your prerogative.

However, I stand by my original statement about the Katrina disaster. I have designed many public roads, drainage systems, ponds in the US and am qualified to make the observation. 99.9% of the people in the US probably don't know that roads and drainage systems aren't designed to handle EVERY possible storm event that can come along. In fact, the typical design storms in many areas are 50 year events, although in coastal areas, 100 year event designs are used. Not only that, but only a limited amount of the infrastructure is designed for the 100 year event, such as ponds. Many times the pipes connecting the drainage system are designed for a smaller event with the assumption that if the design storm is exceeded, the water will somehow make it to the pond/retention areas. This is done for cost, pure and simple. Taxes would have to increase considerably to make every public drainage system handle the 100 year event, therefore it will never happen.

Furthermore, in addition to designing for the 100 year storm event rainfall, on coastal areas storm surge has to be accounted for. This is a hit and miss proposition at best, trying to determine the peak stage and what not. The bottom line is that the Hurricane Katrina was very close to the limit of the design of the drainage infrastructure, and is typically the case with 99% of the drainage infrastructure systems in place in even in the US, they cannot function at full capacity because of a variety of reasons, mostly due to trash and debris lodged in the drainage infrastructure, or siltation of the pond areas which minimizes the effectiveness of the ponds - storage.

New Orleans also is an atypical case where the city was developed long before flood analysis and drainage systems were available, and has had to have retrofitted a drainage sytem.

Taken altogether, the combination of a few factors, the almost design storm(H Katrina), the drainage system operating at less than 100% capacity(the norm) and the New Orleans being located below see level(very little room for erro), and we had a disaster in the making.

To put things in perspective, Hurricane Katrina was a slightly more powerful Storm than Cyclone Nargis in Mynamar with a somewhat higher storm surge, but more actual rain fell in the Cyclone. A total of some 2500 dead and missing were caused by hurrican Katrina, whereas more than likely 130,000 plus will be the number of casulties in Myanmar. For those who want to riducule the US gov't for the Katrina disaster, I think this is quite telling. BTW, GW has nothing to do with the US Army Corp of Engineers, yet somehow he gets the blame anyway.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
then the fact that over 95% of US law professors disagreed with Scalia and co. on selecting Li'l Bush in 2000.

Hey, now that you have re-written the US constitution, what is your follow up act? ie bright eyes, what do these professors have to do with the election process.

Isn't it telling that 95% of college professors are liberal and vote democrat too? Why don't they indcit all of the State's voting apparatus leaders while they are at it. Good grief, give me a break.

Status
Not open for further replies.