Santo Domingo on BBC

Aug 19, 2004
Dan Cruickshank's Adventures in Architecture included Santo Domingo in last night's programme - very good introduction to the importance of the city as the first western city in the Americas. If you missed it down load the edition from BBC iPlayer - Home

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Sounds good, but iPlayer is only available to viewers in the UK. We'll have to wait until someone uploads it to YouTube or similar.

yori85

Aug 2, 2007
try a website like sendspace or megaupload and then post the download link in the thread.

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
This should be it. Let's see. It's on 'Megaupload', this link should get you there: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service .
A few buts and ifs; on BBC iplayer it's supposed to auto-delete in three days, so be quick, and might still carry some protection to not work outside the UK. And, Megaupload appears to allow only one download at a time, so first come first serve.
There's 12 minutes on Santo Domingo with beautiful aerial shots though.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This is what I get each time I click that link:

All download slots assigned to your country (Dominican Republic) are currently in use. Please try again in a few hours or install the Megaupload Toolbar for immediate access - with the toolbar installed, there are no more slot limitations for you!

I tried the toolball installation but what am I supposed to do with the file?

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
This is what I get each time I click that link:
I tried the toolball installation but what am I supposed to do with the file?
Well, I'm just as new to the wonders of 'Megaupload'; yori85 kindly advised it. Doesn't it give a free dowload option? If I enter the three letter code there is a screen with a premium and a free download option, for which you have to wait about 45 seconds.
Has anyone else in the DR, or the Western hemisphere for that matter, got it to work?
Interesting anyway it awards slots per country....

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
i downloaded the file yesterday and it was completely unwatchable. Was it just me?
If it's not just you, I think that BBC put some only-to-watch-in-the-UK protection on it. Here in Blighty the video is fine... :ermm: