The Dominican Repatriated Issue

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
Definitely, our society is already aware that we have a responsibility to give preventive care and create the conditions by legislative or decree to make laws that support social reintegration programs such as vocational and employment services for Dominicans citizens who are being repatriated very often back to our homeland, the Dominican Republic.

The negative impact, which is causing a serious detriment to our social security is the result of negligence, lack of action from our government representatives, who have allowed the continued deportations without any coordination, or service plan, for reintegration back into our civil society thus action pollutes and encourage more crime.

Considering and analyzing each case of deportation as to create an individual services plan for further social rehabilitation, vocational and employment -work oriented services should be the service plan not police persecution, repression, discrimination and demoralization.

Taking into account, seriously, that if a returnee has not violated the laws of the jurisdiction of the sovereign Dominican Republic he or she should be provide an opportunity and the benefit of the doubt to start a new life productively and constructively. Since in most cases they have not violated national laws and for that reason alone should not be signed with a criminal record back into this country. Of course, there are cases that are more serious than others and we should not generalize in any sense.

There is a factor of merit, which allows our Dominican government, in many cases, to negotiate the repatriation with the country where the deportation process originates: The same country where they got socialized into criminal activities, an individual who left his native country when he was a kid, pure and healthy, without evil must assume some responsibility and cover the cost of vital services to civil society reintegration of these individuals.

The conditions already are already in place to work constructively with returnees. We need funds, the full support of the people, employers, the church, congressional representatives and government to generate growth and to minimize crime. Without support and a plan of building seriously, these individuals will exercise the illegal trade and engaged in crime, since many of them will have no alternative.

Are we going to give an opportunity to these returnees, yes or no?:chinese:

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
I thought criminal deportees were free to do as they please when they come back, they aren't put in jail.

I thought US prisons focused on rehabilitation. They aren't rehabilitated when they arrive here?:chinese:

You want to give them special consideration over other folks here?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The same country where they got socialized into criminal activities

I stand with you on many issues, such as having the Domincan government create programs to help deportees. However, I part with you concerning the bolded statement. This is victimization philosophy and as far as I am concerned, we can leave that in the States. ie, It is utterly ridiculous to start blaming the government because some kids grow up to be criminals. With leech type thinking like this, the US at some point will be either bankrupted in the future for accepting any and all liabilities for the error of it's citizens or at least become create a self flagellating legal system, either which will be the beginning of the end.

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
Crime and delinquency can be minimized with preventatives services

The fact of the matter is that in many instances these people can not get a job, because of their deportation status (Fichao) and if they don't have family here they may not have a place to stay. The result is very likely their will engage into criminal activities.

Regarding the Department of Correction, too many of them don't really get rehabilitated rather they get further socialized into a crime mentality, therefore creating programs of orientation, and employment services is a good idea and somebody should assume it. Keeping in mind that man is an integral part of his environment

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
The fact of the matter is that in many instances these people can not get a job, because of their deportation status (Fichao) and if they don't have family here they may not have a place to stay. The result is very likely their will engage into criminal activities.

A lot of them are working in call centers. Have met many of them during my , thank God, short lived career in call centers.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
therefore creating programs of orientation, and employment services is a good idea and somebody should assume it.

Like I said, I'm all for this. However, I don't think the US should foot the bill. Why don't you send an email to Leonel and see what he says? Seriously though, the focus should be on what can be done here in the DR. Good luck.

Jun 18, 2007
Please explain-seems like you didn't exactly have a ball working there.

Worked for a month and a half in on of the larger call centers and met quite a few colleagues who had "issues" in the US. One had spent 14 years in jail for I don't know what but I can tell you it wasn't for a traffic ticket. I heard lots of stories from them. Plse don't get me wrong I'm not saying or stating that all of them have "issues" but there were quite a few.
And yes I didn't have a ball working there but I had to put food on the table so I'm gratefull for that.

rtejeda

*** Sin Bin ***
Jun 16, 2006
What happenned?

And yes I didn't have a ball working there but I had to put food on the table so I'm gratefull for that.

Which call center you did worked for? And what happenned? Was it management or "el grupito"?

Jun 18, 2007

Which call center you did worked for? And what happenned? Was it management or "el grupito"?

I was hired as tech support for internet related equipment, I knew it wasn't my thing from the beginning but I needed to support my family so I gave it my best shot. Some things are meant to be and this wasn't.
Just another page in my Book of Life