Barcelo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyjfisch

Mar 30, 2008
I have to come back to Puerto Plata to finish up some volunteer work. But I want to stay in a resort for a little time before I start working. Has anyone stayed at Barcelo? How is it? How sanky infested is it?

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
I stayed at the Barcelo in November 07 and again in April of this year. Both times were fantastic, especially for the price I paid. The grounds are beautiful and very clean. All common areas, very clean as well. The rooms are still outdated, but comfortable and clean. They are cleaned twice a day, which is quite nice. The food I found very very good........the pizza one of the best ive had. The service always promp, and staff are friendly, informative and all round genuine. The beach in the fall was nice, but the water very clouded, but due to weather conditions. In the spring, the water was crystal clear, and the weather was fantastic. As for the Sankies......... the animation group changed from November, with only 2 left that i recognized from the fall. All the new ones, were very gay. So unless your a guy...I dont think you have to worry. Of course some of the staff are overyly friendly, but obviously, you know the game, so I dont think you should have any problems.

I work in the tourism industry, and can be very picky......although I do realize that standards cannot be compared. I would recommend this resort to anyone, for the price point, the food, the beach, and the customer service.

If you would like any more info please feel free to PM me.
Have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.