noisy - playa colbiri beach and hotel?

ryan

May 17, 2008
I've read various times on reviews such as trip advisor that Playa colibri hotel (and hotel alisei) are noisy since they are located right by the dirt road between hotel(s) and beach.

Is this true? noisy?

They also say that beach near playa colibri hotel is not nice b/c of noise from motos and atvs.

Hmmmmm..maybe those people are stick up a** or maybe they are onto to something :ermm:

best, .Ryan.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The entire DR is noisy. If not motos, it's roosters. If not roosters, it's dogs. If not dogs, it's boom boxes. If not boom boxes, it's...____<fill in the blank>___...

If I had to describe the country with just one word, it would be "noisy".

Ya soy Dominicano, nada oigo...;)

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ryan, it may or may not be true, but I can tell you that TA cannot be taken seriously, so wait until you get some replies here.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
The road is quite close to the beach in front of the Colibri, and there are times when the motors of various vehicles interrupt what is normally a very tranquil setting. But, my experience has been that the noise from the vehicles is not overwhelming. If the traffic is heavy, which is unusual, you can always walk a few yards west along the beach to Playa Ballenas [I hope I spelled that right] where there is much less traffic. No beach chairs there though, just white sand and the calm Atlantic Ocean, so take a beach blanket, a good book, and a cold Presidente with you. Enjoy!

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
I've read various times on reviews such as trip advisor that Playa colibri hotel (and hotel alisei) are noisy since they are located right by the dirt road between hotel(s) and beach.

Is this true? noisy?

They also say that beach near playa colibri hotel is not nice b/c of noise from motos and atvs.

Hmmmmm..maybe those people are stick up a** or maybe they are onto to something :ermm:

best, .Ryan.

The mystery of the "noise from the road" at Playa Colibri:
None of the windows or doors at Playa Colibri have a piece of glass. Any opening, such as a window has a screen and wooden shatters, when the shatters are open is like outside, when the wooden shutters are close, not much noise insulation either.

In the case of Alisei, they do have double pan vinyl windows and doors offering a very high noise barrier. I found Alisei rooms to be very quiet and comfortable.

There you have it.

WebDev

appleman

Dec 18, 2003

Is this true? noisy?

I've been there twice and never really noticed the noise. Aliesi probably would be a little quieter but Colibri is a very nice place. The road is sand and full of holes (at least the last time I was there) so what traffic there is must go very slow and that also keeps the noise down.

There will be noise where ever you go, and these places are no worse than any others and probably better than a lot of places.

If you want to go to either place, I would not let noise enter my decision making. Both are great places and you will not be disappointed at either hotel.

bob

Juniper

Apr 15, 2004
I agree with Bob. There will be noise just about everywhere and it won't be as nice
as the Colibri and Alisei. I've stayed in both hotels and the noise has never really been an issue.

Alisei is very quiet since the buildings sit way back from the road. I find it to be very peaceful at night, specially because when you close the door in the bedroom, with the airconditioned on, you can't hear a thing outside. The only noise you hear is the loud peacock that lives at Alisei which I find it to be very enjoyable because It makes me feel close to nature. I love that crazy peacock.

Juniper

Mar 27, 2006
Noise is a state of mind... My mind drifts away when I am at Alisei. Sure, you can hear the sounds of SLOW moving traffic on the dirt road but that is nothing compared to the sounds inside the town or at the resorts on the east side of town. Those resorts are subject to the LOUD and FAST moving traffic on the paved road. Come and enjoy the relative serenity on the west side of town and beach from Alisei all the way down to where the river gently pours into the ocean. To me, that's paradise....