Call center jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Broward

Jul 16, 2007
Anyone familiar with what an expat may do if he worked in a call center?

Are calls incomming?
Is customer service for client questions provided or is it a sales pitch?
What type of companies use these call centers?
Are both Spanish and English required or is English solo OK?
How can one find these jobs?
Which cities in thew DR are these found?

I know salary is minimal but I would like to find out more about them.

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
I work in Stream in the ZF San Isidro. Here we have the Office Depot , Direct Tv, Sirus, Wanrner Cable and Road Runner projects. These are all incoming service calls, most starting pay is RD $110/hr +50 peso lunch subsidy and free night transportation. They also offer health Insurance and after working here for so long it almost free for me (and a life saver!!). 9 hours a day of taking these call gets tedious, and you will be sitting all day. You get (2) 15 min. breaks and a half hour paid lunch. And most projects are English speaking. pm me if you have any ?'s:classic:

Tallman1818

Nov 19, 2007
There is a call center in Santiago that pays $198 pesos an hour plus comission, benefits, gym membership and incentives.

Broward

Jul 16, 2007
Another call center question

Anyone care to provide names and numbers of call centers who are looking for good customer service English speaking reps.

DanaP

May 23, 2007
call ctr

there is a jewelry call center in San Pedro that caters to american clients and is run by a DR1 member. his handle is 'jimhe' he might have positions available I'm not sure, send him a PM. I also have a couple of friends here that are looking for english speakers to work full-time doing telemarketing work. Let me know if you're interested and I can put you in touch.

dana

DanaP

May 23, 2007
another thing

PM me if you're interested as I don't check these threads consistently.

suerte, d

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I have work available

Anyone care to provide names and numbers of call centers who are looking for good customer service English speaking reps.

If you want to work home, I pay $8-$10 per hour + commission

My ad is in the DR1's classified section

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
I'm here!

If you want to work home, I pay $8-$10 per hour + commission

My ad is in the DR1's classified section

please tell me more about this opportunity you have or know about. I worked at provitel for about 7 months until I found a work at home job that paid 6.00 dollars an hour with 8.10 an hour after 44 hours worked. I am from the states but now live in santo Domingo on Carmen mendoza in Ens. Qisqueia, not sure of the spelling. I have all the necessary equipment for a home call center of course. I sent you a PM as well, so I hope to hear back from you soon....

Thanks! Anthony

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
try provitel

Anyone familiar with what an expat may do if he worked in a call center?

Are calls incomming?
Is customer service for client questions provided or is it a sales pitch?
What type of companies use these call centers?
Are both Spanish and English required or is English solo OK?
How can one find these jobs?
Which cities in thew DR are these found?

I know salary is minimal but I would like to find out more about them.

You may want to call provitel as well, that are located close to plaza lama and the national markets on churchill and 27. It sure beats going all the way to stream if you live on this side, it's not worth the travel time. they pay 100 pesos to start and after 6 months they pay 120 per hour. you get bonuses paid on perfect attendance being 1,000 per month if your on time all the time as well as lead generated campaigns that pay 500.00 pesos each. they have English for the fratz group and Spanish/English for blue hippo. many opportunities as well for growth. they are located in the uni central plaza and the number there is 809-330-3830 ask for Cesar. Hope this helps.

I also know about a at home job called babytobee that pays 6.00 dollars an hour and 8.10 an hour after 44 hours worked. You can work as many hour up to 105 per week or at least 10 hours per week. PM me if this may interest you.

Anthony

cd1111

Sep 21, 2008
Anthony,
I plan to move to DR in the near future and would like to get more information on this company. I currently do customer service from home in the states and I'm looking to do the same once I move to DR. Could you please email me at cdjustpassingby@yahoo.com.
Thanks!

frenchgurl33

May 12, 2007
Hello I would like to know more about this stream , currently I am working in a call center in Canada and At this moment I am a suppervisor .. I would like to know if they are currently hiring any where in DR . I just got back from DR last night ..and would love to return if I could have a Job... I really would appreciate any feed back ...Good Feed Back ...

NotLurking

Bronze
Jul 21, 2003
Sto Dgo Este
Hello I would like to know more about this stream , currently I am working in a call center in Canada and At this moment I am a suppervisor .. I would like to know if they are currently hiring any where in DR . I just got back from DR last night ..and would love to return if I could have a Job... I really would appreciate any feed back ...Good Feed Back ...

It seems Stream is always hiring. (Perpetual vacancy?) Stream runs a classified ad in Diario Libre at least once a week or so it seems to me. The current rate of pay is (I think) ~RD$101 per hour plus incentives and attendance bonus. The Stream ad I usually see, is for CS reps in the Zona Franca San Isidro.

NotLutking

Bellamona

Sep 18, 2007
Stream was hiring for Tirandentes last week

I just went to Stream last Thursday and they were hiring immediately for a 1-800-Flowers project due to start last Monday. $RD 95 + 15% /hour because the shift is from 1:30 AM - 7:30AM. Take your resume and go to the office on #22 Tiradentes - the opening is for the Tirandentes office although they indicated they also have openings in the Zona Franca at a higher rate. The ad that ran last week in Diario Libre said the salary for this project es "encima de $RD22,000" but it turns out that is not straight salary and doesn't apply to the Tiradentes project.

Frenchgurl - maybe you could give them a call - they may need qualified supervisors, who knows. Good luck to you

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you check the classified section in the DR1, there are other telemarketing opportunities that pay more.

If you are qualified.

I cannot imagine anyone willing to come here and accept a job that pays $3 per hour + very much nothing else.

WOW.........at least the bananas are cheap!

frenchgurl33

May 12, 2007
Thanks Everyone ... I really am going to try to send my resume to the offices ... But I think it will not matter because I am not in DR . I was there for 3 weeks in Puerto Plata and could not find any kind of work ...If anyone knows contacts or names of People in The Puerto plata region could you share the info with me . Would really appreciate it . I would move there again in a minute. So if anyone knows about any contact in Puerto Plata or anywhere be kind and give me a shout .. And again Thank you for your feed back ...

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Bulk

Thanks Everyone ... I really am going to try to send my resume to the offices ... But I think it will not matter because I am not in DR . I was there for 3 weeks in Puerto Plata and could not find any kind of work ...If anyone knows contacts or names of People in The Puerto plata region could you share the info with me . Would really appreciate it . I would move there again in a minute. So if anyone knows about any contact in Puerto Plata or anywhere be kind and give me a shout .. And again Thank you for your feed back ...

Bulk of the Call Centers are in either Santo Domingo, or Santiago. Thats where most of the english speaking dominicans are.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
b2b Inside sales

Hi DR1
I have a large Telcom company looking for inside sales rep. they are willing to go virtual.
Unfortunate they are not looking for call centers so I am force to recruit. Phone system provided, training and database. Great income potential.
all interest email me
albin@opusgamma.com

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If this a work from home you need to place this in the classified ad section and pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.