restaurant recommendations...

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky11867

Jan 5, 2008
Hi, all. Will be in Sosua for my wedding in about a week. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a nice place for dinner to celebrate our occasion. Thanks! BTW, there are just four us.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
DavidZ gave you good recommendations. you might also try a search on this forum as there are threads on several resturants in Sosua. You gota try Rocky's rib's. THAT IS A MUST !!!

Aug 21, 2007
Not in Sosua, but just beyond Cabarete is Embocca. If you want to go to a very special place on the water to celebrate a special occasion, Embocca would be my recommendation.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Try Chez Cheo in Cabarete. On the water, great atmosphere, good food.
At the end of the little street right by Supermercado Janet towards the east end of Cabarete.

Also Rockys is know for great food....And I mean that, finger lickin' good food....

HB

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
I would recommend Rocky's for the breakfast-after-the-reception-cure-the-hangover meal...

If you do venture out of Sosua, the two restaurants in Cabarete mentioned above would be good as well...along with Papi's, on the beach - not super romantic (if that matters), but their signature dish...Shrimp or Langosinos ala Papi are unforgetable. And near the restaurant mentioned in HB's post is Otra Cosa - probably the most "romantic" , and arguably the "best" restaurant on the North Coast (but pricier than all other restaurants mentioned in this thread).

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Joseph's Grill & Grape, The Waterfront, Piergiorgio...all are on the water...I'd say Joseph's has the best food of the three (but a very limited menu).

The location on all of the above are great. However I would not consider Piergiorgio, as the food is less than average at high prices. You pay for the view. The other two have good food.

headnerd

Dec 28, 2006
I agree on the comments about PierGiorgio being expensive and not that great (gastronomically)... however, it is a good choice for a wedding party because of the view, the layout and, if you make arrangements in advance, they have a lot of experience with weddings.

I have been to two weddings there and both were about a 5 for food and about a 9 for level of organization and ambiance.

OK... wait... I just re-read and saw that only have 4 people... I was thinking this is for a big party. for 4 people, you don't need PierGiorgio's wedding expertise... sorry.

Aug 21, 2007
Yes, Natura Cabanas in Perla Marina is a special place. They do a nice job with weddings, and your party will have much privacy.

Lindsey

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Yes, Natura Cabanas in Perla Marina is a special place. They do a nice job with weddings, and your party will have much privacy.

Lindsey

It seems that they are looking for a place to go after the wedding, not for the wedding. They are only four people.

anitaemma

Aug 25, 2006
I agree with Lindsey, Embocca is your place, pricy but exellent food and peacefull, beatiful envirement.

russboy

Mar 7, 2008
Live close by to Embocca - have been there several times - the food is not so good? the prices are high for DR but the place is beautiful. People are there only on weekends - week days is absolutly empty.:ermm:

I consider Bliss is much better to pay a visit.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
For German

The german resturant beside Hotel Romanoff. Great food fast service.

Status
Not open for further replies.