Bacardi 151

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rotorking

May 20, 2008
Hi,
I'm going out to HVGB in early July and have heard that i can get hold of bacardi 151, This spirit is not available to buy in the uk due to it's flammability,Will i be able to bring back a few bottles in my suitcase? or does anyone know of any other way?
I could buy bottles online but i aint kidding when i tell you that a 1 litre bottle goes for over ?55 that's $110 us.
Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hi,
I'm going out to HVGB in early July and have heard that i can get hold of bacardi 151, This spirit is not available to buy in the uk due to it's flammability,Will i be able to bring back a few bottles in my suitcase? or does anyone know of any other way?
I could buy bottles online but i aint kidding when i tell you that a 1 litre bottle goes for over ?55 that's $110 us.
Thanks
I haven't seen it by Bacardi.
I think the 151 sold here is from Brugal.
As to whether you can bring it home with you, I don't know, but it's so cheap here that it's probably worth a try.
That being said, I think that it may be lethal in large doses and might even cause blindness.
I use it to disinfect open wounds and to clean computer hardware.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Duty Free Allowance

You are officially only allowed 1 litre of spirits in your duty free allowance ( outside the EU into the UK).

Rio

thurston

Apr 21, 2007
Rotorking,
After a good night on that stuff, you won't whant to take it back to the UK.

As Rocky said it can be lethal, take care.

Happy Days

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I like Bacardi 151 if added to a pina colada!!!;);)

Last edited:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I haven't seen it by Bacardi.
I think the 151 sold here is from Brugal.
As to whether you can bring it home with you, I don't know, but it's so cheap here that it's probably worth a try.
That being said, I think that it may be lethal in large doses and might even cause blindness.
I use it to disinfect open wounds and to clean computer hardware.

Have seen Bacardi version in a number of places - in fact there is about a third of a bottle left in our drinks cabinet and cost on it is marked at 199 pesos - totally agree that best use for it is as a cleanser..... ;) its one of the few things I would never knowingly drink as have seen the effect on others!!!

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
We are not allowed to bring 151 rum on flights to Canada.

Although the chances of getting caught or providing a fire hazard are quite low IMHO, I would not be so selfish, and disrespectful of the law and my fellow passengers.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Berm?dez also markets a 151 proof rum. No much good except for soaking fruit for a fruit punch...then it is, as has been said: Lethal!!!

Not to be taken lightly....151 = 75% pure alcohol....

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Berm?dez also markets a 151 proof rum. No much good except for soaking fruit for a fruit punch...then it is, as has been said: Lethal!!!

Not to be taken lightly....151 = 75% pure alcohol....

HB
I double checked the brand of the one we have here, and it is made by Brugal.
I guess all the rhum companies have a 151.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
yes people, there are several rums made at the 151 level! LOL
i have a bottle of Bacardi 151 in my kitchen cabinet
i also HAD a bottle of Brugal 151 that my brother devilishly drank the WHOLE damn thing...unbelievable....
DRINK CAREFULLY! LOL

ffritz

Feb 7, 2008
www.gymbar.blogspot.com
Last time we were here 4 years ago we took a bottle of 151 Brugal home - the regulations weren't as tight back then.
As regards drinking it, it's about twice as strong as regular rum so i used singles instead of doubles in my cocktails :)

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Bacardi 151 is the real deal and most well known. never heard of the other 151's until recently.

Rotorking

May 20, 2008
Great News that i'll get my grubby hands on the stuff when i get over there, And thanks for all the comments about it. Really looking forward to it.
by the way i'm well aware of how lethal it is, that's why i want it so badly.

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Great News that i'll get my grubby hands on the stuff when i get over there, And thanks for all the comments about it. Really looking forward to it.
by the way i'm well aware of how lethal it is, that's why i want it so badly.

Does that mean that you have a "death" wish or do just not want to be sober when forced to return to the 'miserable' UK? lol

slrguy

Oct 17, 2006
in my misspeent youth, i once woke, to my great surprise, in the myrtle beach, sc jail. the contents of my pockets? $.57, and a bottle cap from bacardi 151.

haven't touched it since. ;)

FernieBee

Bronze
Feb 20, 2008
in my misspeent youth, i once woke, to my great surprise, in the myrtle beach, sc jail. the contents of my pockets? $.57, and a bottle cap from bacardi 151.

haven't touched it since. ;)

I read a tale of a guy waking up in the fetal position, with a sore arse, and a twenty-dollar bill left at his side. :ermm:

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I am told that if you are caught carrying 151 out of the country they will confiscate it here at the airport.

I cannot confirm this is true or not.

I can confirm it is illegal to take it to Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.