gay highlights in SD?

NYdomini

May 21, 2008
New Yorker here - heading to SD for a few days and not sure of what clubs/bars that are listed online are still around, and worth the trip.

Any tips?

MrsGarrison

Feb 19, 2008
This board is not very friendly when it comes to gay issues. They usually heavily filter any messages related to this issue. I would give you some pointers on your question, but -- from my experience -- these will be quickly deleted.

Last edited:

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
This board is not very friendly when it comes to gay issues. They usually heavily filter any messages related to this issue. I would give you some pointers on your question, but -- from my experience -- these will be quickly deleted.

I really think that that is an unfair statement. There are clearly some posters who are less than gay friendly, to say the least. However, a search of topics relating to gay issues discussed on this Forum will reveal some thoughtful comments and helpful information. There are several openly gay DR1'ers who post regularly and are treated here with dignity and respect. I totally disagree with MrsGarrison's post.

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Posts on this board are clearly filtered...if not by the powers that be, then by those favored posters in the "community".....and it is not just "gay" issues.

MrsGarrison

Feb 19, 2008
Highlights

Well, I'm very busy taking my foot out of my mouth...it's not an easy task! It is also not easy task to admit to be wrong!

Here I was ranting about this ungayfair board, and look....my posts were NOT deleted!

Mrs. Garrison.

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
ummm confused?

How do you know this information? when this is your very first post?

Have you had many deleted posts?:ermm:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Many DR1 members lurk and seldom post, especially if they don't like to be attacked.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
I really think that that is an unfair statement. There are clearly some posters who are less than gay friendly, to say the least. However, a search of topics relating to gay issues discussed on this Forum will reveal some thoughtful comments and helpful information. There are several openly gay DR1'ers who post regularly and are treated here with dignity and respect. I totally disagree with MrsGarrison's post.

I have to agree with RonS. This issue comes up all the time and I think people are pretty mature and open about it. In addition, the topic was discussed in detail on early episodes of the Mangu Minute (whose producers, by the way, are very straight :) ) when we openly criticized public officials for their backward homophobia.

RHM

MrsGarrison

Feb 19, 2008
Lighten Up

Oh, lighten up. Let people express their views and don't get offended at every vowel in the message. Bulletin boards are designed for social discussions, not for ass kissing. If someone has a different view, state yours to make a point, but don't call for a "book burning".

How boring would the world be if everyone was the same and had the same opinion.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Please don't get offended-I spoke before my mind was engaged.

Oh, lighten up. Let people express their views and don't get offended at every vowel in the message. Bulletin boards are designed for social discussions, not for ass kissing. If someone has a different view, state yours to make a point, but don't call for a "book burning".

How boring would the world be if everyone was the same and had the same opinion.

Don't think it was the "vowels" it was more like the content of your OP.You remind me of some people that I know when discussing politics who like to "express their views" without substansiation of facts and then say "don't get offended" this is only a "discussion"

Don't be offended there are a lot of your type around :)

J

John Evans

it would be nice to know what you are discussing so i can put my size 11's in

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
it would be nice to know what you are discussing so i can put my size 11's in

JE - I am getting slightly worried about you - trying to post on a "gay highlights thread" as well as "fruit of the week".........:paranoid:

Anything you would like to get off your chest....... ;)

:laugh:

Funny Friday is here!
Rio

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
JE - I am getting slightly worried about you - trying to post on a "gay highlights thread" as well as "fruit of the week".........:paranoid:

Anything you would like to get off your chest....... ;)

:laugh:

Funny Friday is here!
Rio

You definitely have a way with words.

Kudos!!!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
To the OPs question. There are may gays in the DR. A big spot for them is Cabarete. I know this because I am a big fan of electronic music and Cabarete is the electronic music capital of the carriben AND I have a gay cousin. When I have gone to Cabarete for electronic parties I see them all over the place. So look into Cabarete. My cousin also told me that there are a lot of places in the capital. I'm sure if you do a google or yahoo search you will get results.