Sky, Wind, Aster, Telecable, others?

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Would love to hear from our readers on recent experiences viewing TV via Sky, Wind, and also on your satisfaction level with Aster and Telecable services. Need to contract one of these, or another, in Santo Domingo, and am researching the options I should look into.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sky works perfect, but it costs 1,600rd per month. 300 channels and you can pay more and get PPV movies and more sports.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Sky works very well but watch the price it sort of creeps up!! We now get charged for each box so it started out at 1200 and now is 2400RD$!!! That is for full package

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
We had Aster and Telecable in our home. With Aster, I had high-speed internet and cable TV with all of the premium channels, and the cost was about $2200. Service worked fine except during some heavy rains with wind, when it would go out. They always explained that it "was a bad connection in our area", but the techs would get out and normally fix things within 1/2 day once they knew about the problem.

Telecable with the premium channels was about $595 per month. Telecable actually had fewer outages, but with a problem, their techs were slower to respond. Telecable was also easier to pay, using the drive-thru window at Tricom's main office on Lope de Vega. Aster normally had a line to pay at their offices on Roberto Pastoriza, and their cajeras work s-l-o-w-l-y.

megabiteme

[ - Mute Button -] Click!
Jan 9, 2008
satellite

Would love to hear from our readers on recent experiences viewing TV via Sky, Wind, and also on your satisfaction level with Aster and Telecable services. Need to contract one of these, or another, in Santo Domingo, and am researching the options I should look into.

get a satellite! I had money when I first came here one year ago. I bought a satellite system because I love football and could not live without it. I got a great deal and you can find the same in the paper from digital T.V I got the viewsat ultra and it isnot a clone, so if you go this way, let me know so i can help protect you from getting one.Anyway, I getover 400 channels of T.V including my N.Y locals 2 4 7 11 5 etc and all HBO's, Shotime, all the PPV so in other words everything you could imagine and all for free. I am a member on a satellite site where they post a file to get your programming for free and also have a personal site from a friend that I can get the new files from as well. The system costed me 13,000 and now it has already paid for, this included installing it. I have had Direct T.V in the past in the states as well as a 10 foot dish back when it was called dave, so this system is really great! I am planning to add more LNB's over time is or when I can afford it, but right now I'm trying to deal with my disability issues. I hope this info was helpful nd if you want to know more about it, please PM me. Anthony

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I have been very happy with Sky picture quality - even in very heavy rain storms we rarely had any service interruption.

The real down side with SKY is the lack of local programming. We get no Dominican news that is not on CNN Spanish edition. Election coverage was almost none.

We also do not get the major US networks. We only get the American Network. No NBC, CBS or ABC.