reserving colibri and fight via credit card in email

ryan

May 17, 2008
playa colibir hotel and takeoffweb both want me to send my credit card # and exp. date to hold my reservations.

IE. I emailed them with inquiry, and they responded, each seperately of course: "to make reservations, send credit card # and exp. date"

I really don't have a problem with this, and I suspect , its just done this way in DR , especially in non-multi-national establishments;
but wanted to ask anybody else if they have had this expeirence?

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I have had to send my credit card information to the Colibri in the past and have not encountered any problem, although, I admit, it was unsettling the first time I did it. On the occassions that I have given them the information, there was never an initial charge on the account and I was required to give them the credit card at check in, which they copied, and then settled the account at check out. I wouldn't worry about it at the Colibri.

drny

Jun 12, 2007
I also reserved my room at Playa Colibri with my credit card. I reserved it nearly two months in advance and confirmed about a week prior to make sure they still had my reservation on file. I had absolutely no problem. They require a card to hold your reservation, that's all.

fitat59

Feb 24, 2006
Colibri should not be a problem, but I have had problems with Take Off, they do not adhere to their published flight schedules, and they did not "hold" my credit card, they processed it, and I had to go through the dispute dept. to receive a refund.

ryan

May 17, 2008
what do you mean "did not adhere to published flight schedules"..... they simply don't take off, or they are a little late (or early?)

Do you think private taxi is better way to get to terrenas? seems not so bad only 4 hours.

cheers,
R.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
It really depends on where you are traveling from. Taxi rates can be very expensive. One other alternative is the Caribe Tours or Metro Bus, or the guagua, depending again, on your point of departure.

ridiela

Jan 22, 2007
Don?t give your credit card number to TakeOff, I know one person who was charged twice.

About Colibri, no problem, they are very serious.

appleman

Dec 18, 2003
Don?t give your credit card number to TakeOff, I know one person who was charged twice.

About Colibri, no problem, they are very serious.

I don't know about Takeoff, but I have had very good luck with Aerodomca flying from SDQ to las Terrenas (el portillo). Check them out at Bienvenido al Website de Aerodomca

I made all reservations over the web and by email, and they were waiting for us in SD and got us thru the airport and to their plane very quickly. Only 30 minutes to fly verses 4 hours to drive. I used my credit card and did not have a problem. Colibri was no problem either with the credit card.

(I should mention that I actually chartered a small plane, so they met us at our gate for our commercial flight and took us to the charter.)

bob

Last edited:

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
Aerodomca gives great service, TakeOff sucks! either they're too early or too late! and the staff is not nice at all.