Dominican Club in Toronto?

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
also a club across from the old Magnate where Alex Bello was performing recently.

Magnate. Didn't see that when I first replied..sorry. So, it is no longer there? Does the club that stands there now have the same atmosphere? It was recommended by a friend as being a great club, but she's been consistently pregnant for the last 2.5 years, so she doesn't get out much anymore.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Magnate

Haa, ha ha... Happy Mother's Day to you friend then.

Regarding Magnate, I looked around and apparently it's still operating. I went there a couple times a few years ago and I didn't like it. Any club where you have to walk through a metal detector unnerves me. It's very dark, and they have strobe lights and dry ice... not for me. I like to dance, no special effects. But here's a Web gallery of their clientele, so you can see for yourself, maybe you might like it.

Magnate, Fusion Lounge. Sabor Nuevo - Picture Galley in TorontoHispano.com

alicious

Bronze
Oct 2, 2007
Latin Fever and maybe Cognac Lounge is the other one.
This site is a good source for you.

TorontoDominicano.com - Juntos somos fuertes - Website Dominicano de Toronto

Las Brisas used to have a Sunday Dominican night, I know if they do any more. There's also a club across from the old Magnate where Alex Bello was performing recently.

OMG...I *love* Alex Bello...he's awesome.

I will have to check out and see when he is performing there again!!!

Let me know if you hear anything! :)

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
OMG...I *love* Alex Bello...he's awesome.

I will have to check out and see when he is performing there again!!!

Let me know if you hear anything! :)

He's on Facebook and Myspace, alicious. You could get notifications for events. So is Carlos Cruz. That's probablly the best way to find out what's happening. Poke them... just kidding!

pride21

May 14, 2005
www.facebook.com
Haa, ha ha... Happy Mother's Day to you friend then.

Regarding Magnate, I looked around and apparently it's still operating. I went there a couple times a few years ago and I didn't like it. Any club where you have to walk through a metal detector unnerves me. It's very dark, and they have strobe lights and dry ice... not for me. I like to dance, no special effects. But here's a Web gallery of their clientele, so you can see for yourself, maybe you might like it.

Magnate, Fusion Lounge. Sabor Nuevo - Picture Galley in TorontoHispano.com

Thanks a lot!

que_lo_que

Jul 30, 2008
Magnate is still operating. Fusion Lounge is what's across Magnate. On a Saturday, place doesn't get too packed at all. It's ok.

Magnate. Didn't see that when I first replied..sorry. So, it is no longer there? Does the club that stands there now have the same atmosphere? It was recommended by a friend as being a great club, but she's been consistently pregnant for the last 2.5 years, so she doesn't get out much anymore.