retail stores in punta cana ????

cabfam

Nov 6, 2007
I am buying a condo in El Cortecito Punta Cana and I am looking to furnish the @ bedroom condo starting this june>>>I would rather not purchase in the US and have shipped to DR..Does anyone know of any good reliable stores in the area that sell bedroom ? living room furniture and appliances that I may be able to order and have delivered? do these stores have websites? any info on this matter would be a great help!!!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi cabfam,
you'll find several businesses for furnitures and such in punta cana and also a bunch in Higuey, they usually for a extra fee offer delivery to your home.
sorry, i never saw a website of some of them.
i would anyways recommend to take personally a look on what you buy before you order/buy it.
Mike

raymi

May 25, 2008
www.mejialora.com
In Punta Cana there's a store called Ilumel in which you'll find everything for your bedroom, although is expensive. Go to Higuey, you'll find plenty of stores there.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
Shop in Higuey

We have a 1 bedroom condo in PC and all our furniture came from Higuey.
Take a day an browse the stores, there are a few and they have most of what you need.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right, in Higuey you'll find anything, don't forget to negiciate the rates when buying a bunch of stuff, there's always space for a negociation in case of rates.
a good spot in punta cana where i bought myself several stuff this year is "Bavaro Muebles", located in Veron near the crossing of the Gas and polica station, right aside the "Plaza Genaro". they have a lot, i like specially the variety in electrics(TV's, Washing machines, DVD's, Microwaves aso), and they have very good rates even compared to higuey. but like mentioned above, the best variety you'll find browsing a day throu higuey.
good luck
Mike

embassy2220

Jun 9, 2008
Ray muebles is good i have done some shopping there and they have alot of good stuff if you go and you like i could call them and ask them to help you out

cabfam

Nov 6, 2007
Ray muebles is good i have done some shopping there and they have alot of good stuff if you go and you like i could call them and ask them to help you out

that would be great! I am still in the states and wont be down untill end of july....do the have furniture / appliances there? how far are they from El Cortecito?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
from El Cortecito to Higuey plan a 1hr one way drive,
because the street is not the best and you should always take clmly your time on that road, a lot of crazy heavyweight traffic out there, lol.
for a shopping roundtrip to Higuey from El Cortecito i would recoomend you drive over early morning(by9AM all shops are open, some close for lunchtime til 2PM, not the big stores), not much traffic from bavaro to higuey that time.
Mike