spammed by La Central

W

Wade

Anybody else get spammed by La Central Express online store? I guess I don't really mind getting email ads from them, but I'm curious if they got my email from here, and if other people got their ads too.

S

Sarah

Does anyone have experience with this company?

It actually looks like a pretty good deal. They offer just about everything under the sun, except medicines perhaps. For example, 10 lbs of rice for $74RD/$4.60US. Delivery charge is 10% of total order. Orders in Santo Domingo must be over $50, outside SD over $100.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Does anyone have experience with this company?

I've used their service to send Christmas presents to friends in the Dominican Republic. They have been very responsive and I was happy with the results. Their grocery prices were similar to grocery prices in the suburbs of the midwest-USA, as I posted some time here on the board back in December.

One note. My friend was leary about accepting a load of unexpected groceries, being told it was "already paid for". He apparently experienced something similar some years back, where ladrones used this method to gain access to the inside of their house an attempt to rob them. So be sure to let the receiver know that the delivery is coming.

Jim Hinsch
JimHinsch@CSI.COM

A

Andy

I too got hit, twice. DR1 is the ONLY site on the internet that has both my e-mail addresses, Samana.Net and my hotel, el Marinique. It stands to reason they picked us up off DR1, but the question is how? Did they spend hours gleaning addresses, or was our computer/e-mail address provided by some one's computer program that puts us on a mailing list when we post? Interesting.

D

DR1

Me also :) I got two!

It's not hard to spider websites and lift email addresses, I'm assuming this has happened as the didn't get your email addresses directly from us.

If you have a problem with La Central sending unsolicited email I suggest you email them directly.

From what I hear they provide a pretty good and needed service so I personally do not have any problems with them.

If I hear anything bad I will let the board know!

Rob.

D

Duck

Re: Me also :) I got two!

They got the E-mail adress which I use for this board, and 2 others as well, so maybe they got it through the IP adress - if this is possible?

L

LCE_Rep

Invitation

To all DR1 readers, for the record, DR1 did NOT provide email addresses to LA CENTRAL Express. This promotion was clearly intended to be an invitation to come and visit our website. Although we received many positive responses to our email invitation, anyone who has received this email and does not wish to receive any future promotions offering discounts can simply reply indicating a request to be removed from our mailing list.

A

Another Gringo in Pto.Pta.

only today I got6 and answer:dont try again... *DC*

A

Another Gringo in Pto.Pta.

Re: Invitation...to blinds?

This I did three times today and get more and more........
I told you in my reply that this kind of spamming is illegal, but you where going on after hours......so what? Who shall believe your posting here?
charly?

A

Andy

Re: Invitation

La Central Express,

I want to know how you got my address,...both of them. NO ONE likes junk mail and if your intention was to draw attention to your company, you certainly have.