Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Couldn't find the answer so here goes.

If I take a bus to Santo Domingo -

1) how do I get to la Romana?
2) how far is it - timewise?
3) what would it cost to get there?
4) do guaguas run to/from?

Any transportation from Sosua to La Romana?

And any other information you might want to offer.

I have friends coming to La Romana for 10 days and I'd like to visit (from Sosua) for a day or so.

Thanks.
Ro

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
A taxi from the bus stop will take you to Parque Enriquillo (Av. Duarte) for about RD$150. Then take one of the Sichoem express buses. Take one of the big ones that are express and do not make all the stops of the little ones. I believe the big ones leave on the hour, the little ones on the half hour. It should cost you about RD$200. The bus will drop you off in front of the La Romana Central Park. From there you would need to take a taxi to get to where you are eventually going. It is about a two hours trip, maybe less.

No direct service from Sosua to La Romana other than a taxi. And that is way too expensive. You need to take a Caribe Tours bus from Sosua to Santo Domingo and from there take a taxi to the Sichoem bus stop in Santo Domingo for taking their bus to La Romana.

The buses from Sosua leave early in the morning. But it would be pushing it if you do not overnight. Figure: 4 hours from Sosua-Santo Domingo. One hour to get to the La Romana bus stop in SD. 2 hours to get to La Romana. We are talking about 7 hours each way. I don't think you would get back in time to make the last bus to Sosua. Look into overnighting in La Romana.

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks so much for your quick response, and for the details!

Regards
Ro