Barahona! 5/2008

Chrisw

May 29, 2008
I just got back from my yearly family trip D.R. and felt I should post something about an area called Barahona.

Over the past 8 years and visiting D.R 3 times per year, I have to say, Barahona is one of my favorite areas on the island.

Barahona is a great town with a lot to do and the people are as friendly as it gets.

What I like to do, when in Barahona:

After a big Breakfast at our families house,

In the morning, hit El Quema?to, a fantastic beach in the area (pebbles everywhere and costs nothing to visit)

Drive into town and look for some Larimar rocks (very famous in this area)

And at the end of the day, take a cold bath in San Rafael, where the river fills these pools (great fun and Fish!)

It's free to swim and the food is the best I've had.

Then back into town, pick up some Pie Crema from the only house that I know that sells it, then back on the street.

Barahona is kind of off the beaten path but great fun. My wife's parents are from Santo Domingo and her Grand parents are in Barahona, we visit the Barahona area frequently and love the trip. Just driving from the Capital to Barahona is fun (approx. 2 hours with a lot of sights)

Once my wife returns to the states with the camara, i'll post up some really amazing pictures.

Chris