Santiago To Santo Domingo

mchum30

May 15, 2008
I am traveling to the DR in November around the Turkey day I have had enough L-tryptophan. I will be on my first trip with a friend, I will be in Santiago for 3 days and the remainder of days(7) in Santo Domingo. If anyone knows of a good hotel or two and the best way to get around. I do not have a problem paying a little more for my safety since I am new to the country. I really don't want it to be to much of a true tourist area. I am looking to me people working on getting the spanish good and tight before I get there. If someone can help me I would appreciate any
Thanks
Mark

sascha

Oct 4, 2007
unfortunately, ive never been to santiago but there is plenty of info here about places to stay and there are lots of experienced posters that will be able to point you in the right direction.

as for santo domingo...check out the following:

Coco Boutique Hotel About
Hotel Mercure Comercial Santo Domingo: book your Mercure hotel in SANTO DOMINGO

also check out...Hotels In and Around Colonial Zone, Santo Domingo and Dominican Republic

ive had friends stay at the hotel discovery and the hotel conde de pe?alba and said that they loved both. im a big fan of the coco boutique hotel because its a beautiful, new hotel, its on a quieter street than the others, the owners are awesome and its only about a 3 minute walk to calle el conde and dozens of shops, restaurants, bars etc... plus they have the most amazing roof top patio!

as for transporation...i walked everywhere because i spent most of my time in the zona colonial and gazcue but anywhere else i took taxis...especially at night and it was well worth it.

good luck and have a great trip!

mchum30

May 15, 2008
Sascha
Thanks for the help I knew someone on this site would help point me in the right direction. Thanks

Mark