Bonao

jdt

May 31, 2008
Hello,

Has anyone ever been to Bonao? If you traveled there from Santo Domingo, what form of transportation did you use? How safe did you feel? What are the people like? Please share any info that you think is important. I want to visit Bonao, but I don't think I should go by myself. Is there a local cemetary there? If so what is the name and location? I need to make a pilgrimage to a gravesight, but I don't have much information, so I'm not sure where to begin. I hope this posting fits the criteria. If not, I apologize. I'm a newbie to the DR and posting.

Thank you so much for your help.

lanoche

Dec 2, 2007
Trip to Bonao

Four of us went to Bonao during July, 2007, by car. Two in our group are Dominicans, so it made it easier to ask questions and get directions. However, I must say that I would have felt perfectly safe myself. The people are very helpful, and the town itself, reminded me of parts of Costa Rica or South Florida. There are large, well-manicured lawns and coloful houses. We spent a couple of days and enjoyed excellent food and service while there. We visited Marshall's Eco-Tourist place, which is outside of Bonao, but spent the night in a new hotel in town(about $55US per night). I loved it there and want to spend more time in the area.

fitat59

Feb 24, 2006
The hotel may be the Aquarius, and yes Bonao is a wonderful town.
Safe, cultural, and friendly, and innundated with discos.
The staff at the hotel can speak English, and assist you with all your needs.
The $50 or so includes breakfast.