Aparthotel Condo-Parque & Venus Bar

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
I stayed there last year for a couple of days before moving to an appartment. It is very good value for money, complete and comfortable, although obviously not as comfortable as the big Malecon hotels, or picturesque as some pricier Zona Colonial hotels. The owner is Swiss, and the bar is a bit of a meeting point for German speaking Santo Domingo expats.

dtown_4life

Jan 3, 2008
Was there for 4 days

Link:
Aparthotel Condo-Parque & Venus Bar - Santo Domingo - Dominican Republic

FYI? This hotel is not for the 5 star resort hotel lovers who are looking to be pampered. It is a comfortable apartment hotel located in the heart of Zona Colonial that houses both guest and permanent tenants. I was there for 4 nights last week and loved it. The staff was great and we never had any fears about our safety. The staff is very conscious about who walks in and out of the hotel, and they will call a cab for you whenever you need one. It also helps if you speak fluent Spanish, but we were able to communicate just knowing the basics. The only knock against this hotel was that the wi-fi didn?t work in my room. I sat by the bar and used my computer, but you get so distracted by the stunners walking on the sidewalk that you can?t get anything done:cheeky:. I am 25 male and my friend is 28 male so who don?t mind a little adventure and for the price we paid for two rooms it was a great deal! We came with some friends who were paying top dollar at a 5 star hotel and were jealous at the amount of fun we were having just sitting down chatting with the guest and staff right at the Venus Bar. Once you get adjusted to location everything is within walking distance..Cell phone shop, Pharmacy, liquor store..etc...Just shoot an e-mail over to the owner Walter. He is very responsive.