New Hotel In Sosua?

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
does anybody knows if the hotel they were rebuilding next to casa marina reef is already open, what is the name and if they have a web site. thanks.

Sep 19, 2005
it cant be right, and is probably a result of language translation.

but they offer "2 double rooms with beds for $50 a night."

Id love to know what was being built next to Sosua by the Sea.....

is that a condo or a hotel?

bob

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
it cant be right, and is probably a result of language translation.

but they offer "2 double rooms with beds for $50 a night."

bob
I was holding my tongue, but now that you opened that can of worms, boy oh boy do they need an English speaking person to help them with that website.
Our desire is that enjoyment of their vacation, which will put all our efforts to achieve this goal
just one block from the expectaculares tropical beaches
single rooms with cameras that $40 per night
One block from the beach, in the same streets will fine restaurants
Doesn't anyone proofread anymore?

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
New hotel in Sosua

The place that went up next to Sosua by the Sea is a codo complex( if your talking about the green building). They were building it while I was in Sosua by the Sea in Nov. They were making so much noise in the early morning I had them move me to the other side of the hotel. I think that it is called Galleria( or something like that)

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I saw the hotel in person and it looks much better than the pics. please look for a professional photografer or get a good camera before making the website. those pics of the room are a joke. there are some good web designer in the north coast that can help. this is just an advise. because the hotel is much better than what you have in the webpage.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I saw the hotel in person and it looks much better than the pics. please look for a professional photografer or get a good camera before making the website. those pics of the room are a joke. there are some good web designer in the north coast that can help. this is just an advise. because the hotel is much better than what you have in the webpage.
Who are you talking to?

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I am talking to the owner.
A good webpage, with nice pics, will bring more business for him.
I do not talk about all the grammar mistakes because I am latin.
i let the english speaking to do that. but there are many.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am talking to the owner.
A good webpage, with nice pics, will bring more business for him.
I do not talk about all the grammar mistakes because I am latin.
i let the english speaking to do that. but there are many.
The owner is not on this forum.
If you would like to send him that message, you could contact him through the website.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
now, let's talk about some positive things about the hotel please ? :ermm:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
now, let's talk about some positive things about the hotel please ? :ermm:
Like the fact that it's right next to a super noisy street?
Earplugs will be a requirement for sitting around the pool.
The same goes for hanging out on the balcony.
AC will be a must.
We looked at that property but nixed it for the noise reasons.
When it was built, there were more horses in the streets than cars, and 1% of the motoconchos we now see.
Some things get better with time and others go to pot.
Just like the Sand Castle hotel in Puerto Chiquito met it's demise by way of it's little beach getting polluted by the fast growing population, the Sea Breeze has an uncertain future for the noise, due to the population growth.
Will they be able to do anything about it?
Like a tall sound barrier wall, maybe?
Only time will tell.

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
positive things?
well, they are in a very good location
they have enough rooms for a small hotel.
pool, plasma tv and AC, are a plus for a small hotel in sosua.
the prices are correct.
good to have another good choice, besides the cheap all inclusive, etc, etc, etc.
now, they have many things they are offering in their web page that are not correct.
they offer a queen size bed, but the bed in the pics, is a most a full size.
they offer central air conditioner, but the air c. in the pics is a split. which is not bad, but is better to say the truth.
they offer a tv plasma, but in the pics they prefer to show a cheap haitian paint.
they offer a spacious rooms, but i dont see any night table.
they have an italian flag first than american and german, and they are not italians going to sosua.
I count at least 5 errors in just one sentence in spanish, which is my mother language.( others can tell about the other languages)
these are just some suggestion for them to improve their page. I can help them with the spanish for free if they ask me to do it. I wont need more than 15 mins.
by the way, i am dominican from santo domingo, who like to travel to the north on weekends.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
yeah the noise consideration could be a bad selling point for some. i'll let you guys that live there evaluate it for us tourists (if you haven't already as Rocky did) and keep us up on the progress. what we now is someone who has stayed there....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Can't be, I walked around and was shown a few rooms and I started heavy in Sosua after 2001.
Sometimes, hotels close down, someone comes along and tries to get it going again and is closed again in a few months.That is likely what happened.
I remember them closing when I had my veggie biz, as they were clients, and I left the veggie biz 9 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.