Boat ramp to the water?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
Will it be diffycult to use the boat ramp in Sosua? is the ramp surface is sandy or paved? is there a stiff hill to slide down? will i need a havy truck or a small pick up truck to drop my "boston whaler" into the water?
where is the best place to put the boat down when you leave in la "mulata"area?

heliace

On Vacation!
Mar 27, 2004
Boat Ramp?

That disaster area is not a boat ramp yet and even when, or if, it is finished, it will depend on the time of year when one could safely launch and retrieve a boat.
I too, being an avid fisherman, would like to have a boat here. I am amazed at the lack of marine facilities in the D.R. From high import duties on boats to the lack of decent (and affordable) marinas, it is just about impossible to enjoy boating on this island.:ermm:

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I think that I read that Ocean World/marina has out of water stroage for smaller boats that would mean that they have a lift or ramp. Ocean World Inc.

I do not know if there is one at the Luperon marina.

Regards, Ringo

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
if there is a hand full of us who would like to enjoy boating and fishing, we could pull together and build a portable ramp(legs to give more traction to the trailer and another set for the picup.
And a ancre onshore to help pull your truck incase you are stock in the sand.
Iam very sure that us genius could come up with an alternative plan to enjoy fishing while monkeys lurn to fly,waiting for the DR ,to Finish that ramp.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I think that I read that Ocean World/marina has out of water stroage for smaller boats that would mean that they have a lift or ramp. Ocean World Inc.

I do not know if there is one at the Luperon marina.

Regards, Ringo

Ocean World Marina has wet slips or dry rack storage for boats (up to 35 feet) starting as low as US$200 per month. For a one year contract we would give unlimited lifts in/out of water (normally $25 per lift). email me at stefanmeister@ocean-world.info if interested.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ocean World Marina has wet slips or dry rack storage for boats (up to 35 feet) starting as low as US$200 per month. For a one year contract we would give unlimited lifts in/out of water (normally $25 per lift). email me at stefanmeister@ocean-world.info if interested.

Thanks Conchman. Prices look good. Now I can think about getting another boat.

Regards, Ringo

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Ringo, when i'll get there , could you help me get a deal on a small fishing boat?

You own a boat... don't you? Ahhhh!!! I was thinking of using yours.

We found a place for dry storage and launching. Now we need a boat?????

Toooo funny, Ringo

Sep 19, 2005
you talking a 13 footer, or a 17 footer, or bigger?

I have walked down that ramp..it isnt that bad, It might not be paved very far into the water..... the 13 footer is a small boat..... the guys there pull boats twice as big up into the trees , 40 feet from the water all the time. You should be able to winch a whaler up....

you got a tilt trailer or not?

unless a recent storm made it worse

actually I found this picture

30cvwr7.jpg

doesnt look to good in this shot, but i walked down it to wash my feet of sand before i put my shoes back on and the ashfault seemed to go into the water...as i recall......

might ask a local to go check .

bob

Last edited:

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
nice jpeg?
the ramp is not that bad? just have to wait for goog weather to get into the water?
we could come up with a bamboo ramp that we will have to repair every 3 months? what else to do in that island?
If i use the "ocean wolr marina for wet storage will my gears be stolen? "GPS,fish finder ,fuel....?
Also is the fuel at the marina is at the same price as outside?

ben oregon

Apr 20, 2008
WHen i learn to know you better i don't have any trouble praticing"COMBITE" with my boat? it's an hatian term to help eachother. You help me do my worck than i'll helpyou with yours. If we share some expenses than we will have more money for fun? unless you are friend with Donald Trump? The sad thing is that i'll have to wait awhile to know the real friends and the ones that i'll have to **** up?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
nice jpeg?
the ramp is not that bad? just have to wait for goog weather to get into the water?
we could come up with a bamboo ramp that we will have to repair every 3 months? what else to do in that island?
If i use the "ocean wolr marina for wet storage will my gears be stolen? "GPS,fish finder ,fuel....?
Also is the fuel at the marina is at the same price as outside?

We have excellent security at our marina but to be sure, we have lockers available for gear at our dry rack storage, which you can rent even if you don't use the dry rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.