Pet Shop

eralc777

Aug 6, 2005
Ok, i would like a gold fish....where is the best place to buy one for a reasonable price? Puerto Plata? Sosua???
Thank you.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
There is a pet shop in Sosua on the street between Rockys and The adjuntamiento 1 block off Pedro Clisante. They have a bunch of pet supplies, goldfish and turtles. He has dogs and cats, but they are always sad looking, so I wouldn't go there for animals.

Smells bad in the store on most days, so quickly pick yourself a fish and dicker on the price. Tried to charge me 500 pesos for a small fancy goldfish, but you can get the price down to more than half of that. Every week he seems to get a new batch of fish so if you don't see what you want, wait a week. You can buy a tank and filter there, but check for all the parts. He scavenges the sets to use for himself, especially the charcoal and filter floss.

It's a unique experience! I have had my Moby Dick for over a year! Good luck with shopping!

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
This pet shop isn't the one with the "Pet Chop" sign is it? I have walked around that area quite a bit and I haven't seen this Pet shop.