Getting to POP airport cheap

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
I am staying in Cabarete. I am looking for a cheap car rental in town. No luck. Is there a cheaper way to get to POP airport other than spending $35 for a taxi. I can rent a car at the airport for a lot less than in Cabarete.

vhauger

Nov 24, 2005
Are there any distinctive markings or signs on a publico taxi? How do you tell the difference from a regular taxi?

yelkcub

Dec 11, 2007
www.buckrobin.com
I am staying in Cabarete. I am looking for a cheap car rental in town. No luck. Is there a cheaper way to get to POP airport other than spending $35 for a taxi. I can rent a car at the airport for a lot less than in Cabarete.

Have you tried calling the car rental company at the airport and asking them to pick you up or deliver to your hotel?

Robin

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Just stand by the side of the road and when you see a beat up car, usually red with a sign on the top flag it down. It will stop. Just get in. The price is about 40rd from Cabarete. At the road to the airport just tell him to stop and get out. The walk is not too far from the road.

There are vans also. Most are white with a crazy Dominican hanging out the door, these are a little less money, but will take you.

If you are in doubt just look for a Dominican by the side of the road waiting and do what they do. Chances are they are waiting for a Publico.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Just stand by the side of the road and when you see a beat up car, usually red with a sign on the top flag it down. It will stop. Just get in. The price is about 40rd from Cabarete. At the road to the airport just tell him to stop and get out. The walk is not too far from the road.

There are vans also. Most are white with a crazy Dominican hanging out the door, these are a little less money, but will take you.

If you are in doubt just look for a Dominican by the side of the road waiting and do what they do. Chances are they are waiting for a Publico.

If its 40, pay for a double so you can sit in the front seat and add 20 more for airport drop off.

Status
Not open for further replies.