Cheesecake for dessert

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Any restaurant suggestions in Santo Domingo that have a good cheesecake on the dessert menu?

Good food would be a plus as well :)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Not a restaurant, although you can have a 'meal' of sorts with very nice savoury picadera followed by cake - the cheesecakes at La Patisserie, on Dr Defillo between Betancourt and Sarasota are in a league of their own.
They do chinola, amaretto, kumquat and chocolate cheesecakes, among others.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
Not a restaurant, although you can have a 'meal' of sorts with very nice savoury picadera followed by cake - the cheesecakes at La Patisserie, on Dr Defillo between Betancourt and Sarasota are in a league of their own.
They do chinola, amaretto, kumquat and chocolate cheesecakes, among others.

I'm assuming you can take these cheesecake's to go as well? Worse comes to worse, I can just bring the cheesecake to the restaurant since we are celebrating someone's bday.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Absolutely! They even have tiny bite sized samples sometimes so you can choose your flavour.

Sanation

May 21, 2007
EAT on Bolivar (between Churchill & Lincoln) have single serve cheesecakes for dessert that are divine! The have cherry, strawberry, blueberry, caramel, etc. (the strawberry ones have a chocolate crumb base which are my favourite.)

EAT is extremely casual and laid back. The food is great. If you are looking for a really good steak, reasonably priced - this is your place. They also have a salad bar 'station' where you can have someone make you a salad to order (you can stand their and point as I do as my Spanish is attrocious!).

They also sell retail meat and fruit and vege. They stock a lot of hard to get stuff which they import. Everytime we have a BBQ at home I go and buy their tiny gourmet potatoes for potato salad - YUM!

On Tuesday evenings (if my memory serves me correctly!) they have a small Jazz band playing on the deck outside.