DR on Google Earth

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I don't know if this has been posted already, but not too long ago Google Earth posted many new satellite images of the DR.

Cities like Moca, Cotu?, La Romana, Hig?ey, Sos?a and parts of Cabarete, Bonao, San Jos? de Ocoa, San Juan de la Maguana, Ban?, San Crist?bal, and many more towns and lots of rural areas are now visible.

Here are a few pics:

BOCA CHICA
bocachicaxk0.jpg

JACARANDA NEAR BONAO ON AUTOPISTA DUARTE
jacarandanearbonaojq8.jpg

CABARETE
cabaretewl4.jpg

LAS AMERICAS AIRPORT
lasamericasoz0.jpg

MOCA
mocati1.jpg

-NALs

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
...still waiting for upadted pics on Las Terrenas, Luperon & Punta Rucia ;)

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
Wow thanks NALS. I know Bob was waiting for Moca to be posted. Bob can you point out where your GF lives now? (or maybe not, then the TIGUERES will go after her)

sburns

Aug 5, 2006
Community locations

I thought I would start a Google Earth file documenting the community locations on the North coast for those potentially looking for real estate.

I will post it on a website for download once I clean it up.

My first question is what is the name of the community to the west of Perla Marina near the coast? (ie. to the left of the Los Olas apts)? There are some villas with pools and then some to the west of that without?

It appears there is access to this neighbourhood via Perla Marina.

Sep 19, 2005
Wow thanks NALS. I know Bob was waiting for Moca to be posted. Bob can you point out where your GF lives now? (or maybe not, then the TIGUERES will go after her)

they did nfix the map over her house....BUT...there is a cloud right over the whole area!!!!.......anyway at the end of her road is a large new house, that was built more than a year and a half ago...it is not on the map....so the photo is probably more than 2 years old...even though it is now clear.

and your right there is now way Id point out her house on the net!! crazy...

bad bad bob