Playa Fronton ???

lilwill05

Jan 29, 2007
Does anyone know how to get to Playa Fronton (at the end of Samana penninsula) from Samana(town)????

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Does anyone know how to get to Playa Fronton (at the end of Samana penninsula) from Samana(town)????

To reach Playa Fronton, you have to drive from the city of Samana to Las Galeras, there you got a few options. One, hire a boat from the beach in Las Galeras, or second option, in Las Galeras, drive till La Rancheta. and hike for a good 4.5 km to Playa Fronton.
Due to the beach orientation, North-South and a fairly high ridge bordering the beach, it's sunny till about noon, after that is in the shadow of the ridge, and what is a beach with out sun.
Do not attempt to reach Playa Fronton from Boca de Diablo, some people they still got the scars to prove that is not such a good idea.
Get more informations on the trail condition, from Ronald at La Rancheta.

Good luck,
WebDev

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Picture of Playa Fronton

Forget to mention, on the link posted above, La Rancheta the picture on top right corner is of "Cabo Samana" with Playa Fronton (picture taken from a small plane in 2006)

WebDev

lilwill05

Jan 29, 2007
instead of hiking to Playa Fronton.

Cant i rent a Quad(ATV) and drive to playa Fronton on my 4wheel.????

cherokee

Jan 20, 2007
lilwill05, I don't think it would be possible to get in on a quad, it is a foot path that goes in 45 mins to an hour walk. I would recomend going by boat with all the robberies on the road in it is safer!

faithie

Oct 29, 2008
Can anyone recomend a boat driver- guide to take us to Playa Fronton from Samana Town? (also wanted to see PLaya Madame)