Beach Party!!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
In an attempt to somehow out number the family members on my husbands side i am inviting any DR1'ers in the area to a birthday party on the beach in lava cama near Nisibon on sunday. We are having spit roast (no giggles) and should be good fun. It will also make me look very popular ha ha to have a few more gringo's and gringa's there and be nice to meet a few people in the area and have a good laugh. Bring your tipple and a good time should be had by all! I will be the one with the birthday hat on trying to numb the pain of becoming 30:eek:

Anyway thought it would be nice to maybe meet a few of you and we need to show these dominicans how it is done!

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Raincheck?

Hi LauraJ

Can't be there in person but will certainly be there in spirit! ;)

Have a great day.....

Rio

J

John Evans

thank you for the invite.....I have a previous engagement so I wont be able to attend...where is nisibon lava bed by the way

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Perhaps next year?

Jeeez... I think you should make an effort. I dont think asking you to fly 1,000's of km from U.K is to much to ask to come eat a dead pig!! Some people honestly its all me me me...ha ha;)

Frantically searching for a flight............. Oh heck - work on Euro 2008 calls..
Would so like to come - partial to a bit of spit roast... ;)

:laugh::laugh:
Totally lacking in respectability Rio

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Well B****x to that idea then! As the rain has been so bad not only does a beach party loose it's appeal, But i returned home after a visit to salon looking pretty damn special (even if i do say so myself) to find my house under a foot of water and have just spent 5 hours outside in pouring rain trying to try and stop it getting into house, very unsuccessfully at that! Birthday will now be spent clearing up the aftermath or swimming if rain doesnt stop. I need a drink! aaaggggrrrhhhhh ha ha!

Mar 2, 2008
I am very sorry to hear about the flooding at your house. That is a heck of a way to have to spend your birthday.

I am reluctant to wish you happy birthday given the situation, but I will anyway.

Happy birthday, and if you find you need anything after the clean up please post it here, and I'm sure everyone will pitch in to help you to get back to normal and back into the birthday spirit.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Felicidades.......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAURA!

Have a great day whether you are dry or wet, walking or paddling - thinking of you.
Don't have the music too loud and upset the neighbours, do you hear! ;)

Let me know how it went..... and how it feels to be 40! :cheeky:
It is 40 isn't it....... oh no ...... 30, just feels 40 by now, no doubt!
FELIZ CUMPLEANOS!!!!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hey LJ,
happy birthday young gal.
what's so bad to get 30??, lol
on my own 30est i've been for the first time of my life in Utah/US,
damn, couldn't get a drink there and drove a bunch of miles south to get my beer, ha ha.
hope the rain stopped for today in your area like it did here on the east so you can enjoy your special day.
don't worry about some water in the house,
none of our fellow european or northamrican bordmembers can say that he has a natural indoor swimming pool in his DR-house, he he.
cumpleanos feliz
Mike

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Thanks for all the messages they cheered me up, Luckily that same night i posted we managed to get a pump and get the house dry, Thank god we all have tiled floors here and not carpet. As the rain did stop by morning the lake outside my front door had dissapeared. We decided to have a house party instead as didnt wanna risk the beach and basicaly i just got p****d!I haven't had a drink for two years so after one rum and coke i'm anybodies, after two, i am everybodies! My husband did a great job of organizing it, lots of beautiful floral centre pieces and decoration, i really wasnt expecting all that especially as originally for a beach party, He in for a big treat tonight;)

The funny thing was last night i was outside with a good friend of mine soaked thro;)ugh to the skin, hair ruined and we were killing ourselves laughing and singing in the rain, didn't realise what a talented peformer i was :eek:

A few friends managed to make it and of course the barberian hoard...erm sorry i mean family. Not a happy birthday greeting from one of them but still i wasnt really expecting much more. So in the end it was a great day and wasnt as gloomy as i first predicted. Next time i will let you all know sooner and we will give these dominicans a run for their money.

Laura xxxxx

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Pi**ed - how very dare you!

Laura,
What happened to the "I can't drink" stand? Anyone would think that us English girls are easily swayed!!!!! ;)
Glad you had a good time, hope the head isn't too bad this morning - and I do hope your party tricks didn't involve your husbands trapeze - so to speak! :ermm:

Roll on next year, eh!
Sandra