Sick little Boy needs help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
Hello,

We have a neighbor who has a 5 year old son.
He has an undersized artery and it is heartbreaking to watch him sit on the side of the road or cling to his mother all day every day.

He needs an operation and he will be a normal little boy. He was born this way and they have been waiting for 5 years for someone to help.

She is such a nice lady. She works every day cleaning a gigantic home for a lousy 3500 Pesos a month and her daughter works a job that [pays the rent and food. they have little or nothing and cannot afford the operation and likely never will be able to.

She did not ask us for anything. WE ASKED her if we can at least try to help.

I have copies here of his Ecocardiogram and Ultrasounds.

It is such a shame, he cannot keep teeth because of his blood flow and he is very very very thin and weak. I am afraid that the prognosis (in my opinion ) is not great and he will never be normal without this operation.

Are there any volunteer organizations or programs that we can get him too?
This is not a plea fopr money only for compassion and information.

I blocked out is name and telephone # from this report below.

Please post here or PM me with suggestions or places where they can get help before the unthinkable happens.

Thank you in advance. ( I hope that I am not breaking any DR1 rules here)

143214898_o.jpg

143214906_o.jpg

jojo2130

May 30, 2005
sick little boy needs help

I just want to add that the whole 3500 a Month that she earns or at least the largest part of it goes to pills and taking him to a doctor in Santo Domingo every 2 weeks from Gaspar Hernandez.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Jojo,
Take a look here... Heart to Heart Mission

I have a friend whose mother was successfully operated upon by Dr Pascotto.

Unfortunately, next mission not scheduled until November of this year.

Best wishes for a happy outcome.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
  • First, don't go with the "estimates" she may have. I am not implying anything wrong with the mother... just that if they lack the education, they will not ask the right questions.
  • Secondly, where's the kid? There are public hospitals and some of them are not as bad as one may think... yes, still some money would be needed but they or who ever helps them will not have to pay the whole thing. I have seen surgery done at the public hospital in Santiago (on 27 de Febrero) and it couldn't have been done better by my plastic surgeon in Palm Beach... and it was 98% free. Is the kid Dominican, is there a birth certificate?
  • Juan Luis Guerra has a foundation to specifically help with children needing medical help.

... J-D.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I know this will upset some people, but we do not allow these types of threads on DR1. Unfortunately if we did, it would just open the flood gates. We try and keep a level playing field and close or delete them as we find them.

I'm not going to delete this one, but it will be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.