In the Heights BAGS 4 TONYS

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Good for them. Did anyone see the clown that pulled the Puerto Rican flag out of his pocket like a hanky while accepting an award? Talk about disrepectful.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Good for them. Did anyone see the clown that pulled the Puerto Rican flag out of his pocket like a hanky while accepting an award? Talk about disrepectful.

Why was it disrespectful of him to do such thing?!?
He did write the stuff, basically carried it on his back to make it happen!

I saw it in NY last time I went to the off Broadway show, it was magnificent and a puff of fresh air to see something so ''ours'' on stage.

He grew up in NYC's barrios and that's how he was able to come up with a show that closely touches most Latinos there.

I find that he should have waved a bigger flag that night!!!

Be it Dominican, Puerto Rican or any other Latin country, it don't matter...

Can't wait to visit NY and see the show on Broadway!!!

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
No flag should be treated as such. There is nothing wrong to be proud of your heritage, but to see the way people disrespect flags and what they represent is another issue. Using them as headbands, orniments for the hood of an auto, or a hanky does not honor one's heritage. Just go to any Puerto Rican or Dominican Day Parade in NYC and you'll know what I'm talking about.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Without disputing the "flag issue"...I feel lucky enough to have seen the show just a few weeks back and what a treat...totally worthy of all the praise and awards.

Loved every minute of it, it was feast for all the senses. Great performers and wonderful lyrics.

Strongly recommend it to anyone who has the opportunity.