Shipping to DR from US

eiss

Feb 16, 2008
Hi,
We are traveling in July to Santiago and Puerto Plata to work with orphans and have so many donations we need to ship some over ahead of time. Anyone have any information on how to go about doing this?

Sugoya

Jun 15, 2008
In NYC there are tons of places which offer all sorts of shipping. My father sent over like 4 big boxes recently. Just get secure addresses and make sure someone will be there to receive the packages. Boat shipment is cheaper than air shipment but takes alot longer.

eiss

Feb 16, 2008
Shipping - air or boat

Hi, Thanks so much for your quick reply. Any idea how MUCH longer it takes to ship by boat? We are leaving July 19th, and would love the stuff to get there by the time we do.

Sugoya

Jun 15, 2008
I sent boxes from Japan to the U.S. and it took 2 months. I guess it would get there sooner if it's only from the U.S. to D.R. Don't take my word for it though. Investigate different methods of shipment and then determine your financial and time budget.

BigTalk

Jun 4, 2008
Ups

Shipping to the DR can be difficult depending on what you ship.
I would recommend using UPS-SCC.com

its sub-division of UPS. they can ship quickly, but i recommend you check the items your shipping and make sure they don't throw up any "red flags". Customs in the DR can be difficult at times.

that would be my choice.