Pira?a reported in Tavera/Bao lake

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I posted this in another place too.

"Fish farming the dams" Oh you don't know, do you.?

There are reliable reports that pira?a are in Tavera/Bao reservoir!! Yes, those nasty little fish that eat you..

Apparently, "someone" was raising them as a source of protein-they are good eating fish--and with either the flooding associated with last year's tropical storms or they ate their way through the mesh, they got out into the lake.

So do not take your babies to swim in that place!!

HB

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I posted this in another place too.

"Fish farming the dams" Oh you don't know, do you.?

There are reliable reports that pira?a are in Tavera/Bao reservoir!! Yes, those nasty little fish that eat you..

Apparently, "someone" was raising them as a source of protein-they are good eating fish--and with either the flooding associated with last year's tropical storms or they ate their way through the mesh, they got out into the lake.

So do not take your babies to swim in that place!!

HB
Geez..
They'll never be able to get rid of them, even if they import some of those giant Amazon River Otters.
The person/s responsible ought to be strung up by their testies.

J

John Evans

there is a diving trip that says you can see piranahs in the rivers...I presumed they were a non-flesh eating type

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Yikes...I hope some "genius" doesn't get the idea of doing that in MY Presa (Cotui's Hatillo Dam). Actually it probably won't matter after a few years, since I expect Barrick Gold to leave it so contaminated no normal fish will grow there (I hope I'm wrong)...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Assuming that report is true, are you saying that they are not the flesh eating kind?
I'm not an expert, but I do have my doubts.
Google's my friend.
To answer my own question, there are various species of non meat eating Piranhas, so hopefully those are the ones that can be found in our waters.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Google's my friend.
To answer my own question, there are various species of non meat eating Piranhas, so hopefully those are the ones that can be found in our waters.

You should have known. You know every species has its own hifalutin, vegetarian, etc...

Last edited by a moderator: