Blding Costs for beach cabins

Static

Sep 18, 2007
I'm in the process of purchasing a beach front lot Southwest region of the country). Water & electricity runs near the property. This is a family Investment for a vacation hang-out. I'm creating a budget for the family and was wondering on the building costs for a 2 or 3 (1room)) rustic cabins possibly with 1 bathroom shared on the premises ect. We are looking at a very basic and eco friendly like theme. What I'm I looking at approx. in building cost (Concrete, Wood, Licenses, labor ect)? Anywhere I can get these figures? Any suggestions or info is greatly appreciated.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Depends how far you want to take the "eco friendly" theme. You should be able to do it yourself with sticks and mud (it doesn't get more natural than that).

A simple "Dominican Style" house (Cinder blocks, Zinc sheets for roof) can be built for very cheap. I would say a house like that would cost about 10,000 USD including everything. Forget about licenses unless you're building a really nice house. if you are building a nice house then there are several threads in here that discuss building expenses. They are about the same everywhere in the country.

Static

Sep 18, 2007
Blding Costs for retirement cabins

Thank you for the insight. I will be traveling this month to look further into the building cost for this project.
Saludos and thank you.

donquixote

Aug 2, 2005
costs

my friend is involved with a charitable group that builds houses for some of the poor in the dr. i do not know how basic they are but he said they cost them between $4000 and $5000 each.
they give them to families and after 10 years turn the title over to the lady of the house.

nydr

Feb 24, 2006
my friend is involved with a charitable group that builds houses for some of the poor in the dr. i do not know how basic they are but he said they cost them between $4000 and $5000 each.
they give them to families and after 10 years turn the title over to the lady of the house.

Can you tell me the name of this charitable group? thanks in advance
nydr