Hey guys!

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
Its been so long! Over a year since logging in.
I hope you have all been keeping well.

I was in DR in March and had an amazing time!

Was wondering if the topic was discussed on the book by Junot Diaz? Am reading it now and DR1 is mentioned in the book! I was pleasantly surprised!

Anyhow, good to pop back in again!

G

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007

Was wondering if the topic was discussed on the book by Junot Diaz? Am reading it now and DR1 is mentioned in the book! I was pleasantly surprised!

G

Which book? I just read "Drown"

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
I want to read Drown... I read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao and totally enjoyed it.

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I'm reading The brief and wondrous life of Oscar Wao now also. So far I really like it, although I find he uses the N word too much.

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
I am reading The brief and wondrous life of Oscar Wao.

So far I am really enjoying it.

I'm buying that one this week but I plan to save it for my airplane ride...I enjoyed DROWN so much that I know it will make the time go faster.
SHALENA

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi Lalla and welcome back. Yes we have discussed it before if you do a search of his name you'll find the threads. ;)

lalla

Bronze
Mar 10, 2003
It mentions DR1 where, I read Oscar Wao and missed it.

Page 6 in the intro, he says: " a few weeks ago, while I was finishing this book, i posted the thread fuku on the DR1 forum, just out of curiosity".

Thanks Anna !

Tony,
The restaurant is still in the works, can you beleive it??? My sister and I have been doing a lot of research, checking out spots in perth amboy etc. We dont want to settle for just any location. LONG story, but almost closed in on something and the people backed away as their plan to move to Texas foiled.
BUT we have not yet given up!!

I been traveling a shyt load because of work, some, pleasure with the family, and overall just trying to stay sane :).

Thanks for the welcome backs! nice to see things havent changed.

lollipop

Mar 28, 2008
Page 6 in the intro, he says: " a few weeks ago, while I was finishing this book, i posted the thread fuku on the DR1 forum, just out of curiosity".

I double checked and you are right. He did mention it :cheeky:

Ezequiel

Bronze
Jun 4, 2008

G

It's a great book, i'm reading it now, i like the humor that he used, and the explaination of Dominican history in the bottow for those who don't know much about Dominican history.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
It's a great book, i'm reading it now, i like the humor that he used, and the explaination of Dominican history in the bottow for those who don't know much about Dominican history.

I agree, that book answered so many questions for me. I really enjoyed reading it, as well as the other one - "Drown." I hope Mr. Diaz surprises us with more novels and short stories soon.

Lalla, thanks for positing more pictures in the gallery. You, guys, look great! :)

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
I just finished reading the book and I thought it was great.

Are the short stories in "Drown" about Dominicans?