Any Dominicans in the Northern VA are?

Domynykanyta1983

Jun 20, 2008
I have been in Springfield since January 08' and I haven't met any Dominicans at all, not one! Quite frankly, I'm dying to speak the lingo (If I even remember it anymore). I just miss hanging out with happy and positive people LOL. Please reply with any hang outs you might know or events, night clubs and such. Thanks! :cool:
Best Regards,
La Domynykanyta ;)

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I have been in Springfield since January 08' and I haven't met any Dominicans at all, not one! Quite frankly, I'm dying to speak the lingo (If I even remember it anymore). I just miss hanging out with happy and positive people LOL. Please reply with any hang outs you might know or events, night clubs and such. Thanks! :cool:
Best Regards,
La Domynykanyta ;)

I was hanging there this past weekend by Tyson's corner.

Nice area!!!!

dominicanita123

Jul 8, 2004
This is an old post, but there are plenty of Dominicanos in Northern VA. Just my family alone makes a nice group. Have you met any Dominicans in Springfield yet?

Domynykanyta1983

Jun 20, 2008
No, I have not and my friend just moved there so i'm always around there now. All I have seen Mexicans and Salvadorians lol :)

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
No, I have not and my friend just moved there so i'm always around there now. All I have seen Mexicans and Salvadorians lol :)

There are some dominicans in a Northern Va but you will not find them in an all-dominican community like Washington Heights in NYC.

I suggest you try going to the D.C Latin Festival in the Summer if you want to meet some of them.

nyplatano

Jan 24, 2009
yo dominicanita im currently living in northern va but in the sterling area n ihave met maybe 1 dominican here so far and thats it. clubs u gotta hit up dc, im looking for where i can buy some presidente!!! anybody know?

dominicanita123

Jul 8, 2004
Presidente in Northern VA

Hi there,
You can find Presidente in Maryland (liquor stores like Tick Tock) or DC (any where around the Mt. Pleasant area - for sure at Bestway). None in VA (which is crazy because it's bottled in Reston, VA).

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hi there,
You can find Presidente in Maryland (liquor stores like Tick Tock) or DC (any where around the Mt. Pleasant area - for sure at Bestway). None in VA (which is crazy because it's bottled in Reston, VA).

Are you sure?

I think the distributing company is located in Reston not the bottleling

LiceyGirl

Dec 15, 2009
Reston, Herndon area! any dominicans!??

Hola! i've been in Reston for over a year now, so far haven't met any dominicans close by!....

Msg me!!!

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Hogates on the S.W. Waterfront...

Go to Hogates on Saturdays (International Night). The managing partners are Dominican.

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Caribbean Dreams

There's a club in north virginia called Caribbean Dreams. Well, actually it's a restaurant. But it has a dance floor and they play salsa, bachata, merenque, and reggaeton. I'm positive I've met quite a few dominicans there.

I believe the actual area it's in is called Clarendon. It gets pretty packed on Sat nights and the music is good.

Vince.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
There's a club in north virginia called Caribbean Dreams. Well, actually it's a restaurant. But it has a dance floor and they play salsa, bachata, merenque, and reggaeton. I'm positive I've met quite a few dominicans there.

I believe the actual area it's in is called Clarendon. It gets pretty packed on Sat nights and the music is good.

Vince.

Welcome to Caribbean Breeze Restaurant ::::::::

It's actually near the Ballston Metro station (1 block past IHOP). Very nice club and the food is excellent.

Went to Hogate's last Sat. They had to open two more bars and call in extra help. It's only going to get bigger each week. Gotta love "Dominican Night" there. Sadly though, they were serving Tecate. The distributors won't split Presidente orders and they don't want to take a chance on the 30 case minimum unless everybody shows up and asks them for it. Now if we all showed up in our Presidente T-shirts....

Calmclam

Mar 29, 2005
Got any info on shipping from VA to the DR?

I will be going to the DR in March to volunteer in a small school in Cabrera and would like to ship some things as I will be staying about 6 mos. I read elsewhere on dr1 about shipping barrels from NY for a reasonable fee -$30 for the barrel and $100 for shipping with no weight restrictions. Does anyone know about a similar service from Virginia? I am in Fredericksburg so Richmond is better for me than NoVA, however, I would appreciate ANY info you can give me.

Muchas gracias.
Susan

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I will be going to the DR in March to volunteer in a small school in Cabrera and would like to ship some things as I will be staying about 6 mos. I read elsewhere on dr1 about shipping barrels from NY for a reasonable fee -$30 for the barrel and $100 for shipping with no weight restrictions. Does anyone know about a similar service from Virginia? I am in Fredericksburg so Richmond is better for me than NoVA, however, I would appreciate ANY info you can give me.

Muchas gracias.
Susan

Container Shipping

International Container Shipping - All Sizes International Container Shipping Get 4 Quotes Worldwide Transportion .

Your best affordable bet would be to ship from either the Port of Baltimore or Norfolk. Several sites let you estimate the cost of shipping online.

KeithElGrande

Dec 1, 2009
Im in Maryland

I live in maryland but currently in Tallahassee FL for school there are plenty dominicans in MD. If anyone wants to hear merengue tipico I think i am the only one in the DMV that plays dominican accordeon.

afrolatinax

Feb 15, 2010
Pues, yo vivo en Central Virginia y there are almost no dominicans here ):
if there are i would love to know !!