Filing taxes

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
I will be returning to Canada this July and i am going to file my taxes even though i have no Canadian income. I know as a resident of Canada I have to show my world income as well. I know here in D.R they dont give T4's so what do i need to ask my employer for? I already have a letter from work stating what i make a month but i dont think thats good enough. I never thought to save my pay stubs. Obviously working here i have paid some tax so i want something that will show that. Will a payroll printout of what i made and how much went to tax work so i can file?

Anyone who had done this before please let me know as soon as possible.Im leaving in less than three weeks and i want to prepare everything i will need before i go. I decided that since i didnt file for last year i will need it when i put in for the P.R papers.

Thanks in advance

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I will be returning to Canada this July and i am going to file my taxes even though i have no Canadian income. I know as a resident of Canada I have to show my world income as well. I know here in D.R they dont give T4's so what do i need to ask my employer for? I already have a letter from work stating what i make a month but i dont think thats good enough. I never thought to save my pay stubs. Obviously working here i have paid some tax so i want something that will show that. Will a payroll printout of what i made and how much went to tax work so i can file?

Anyone who had done this before please let me know as soon as possible.Im leaving in less than three weeks and i want to prepare everything i will need before i go. I decided that since i didnt file for last year i will need it when i put in for the P.R papers.

Thanks in advance

Are you still considered a Canadian resident for the taxes purpose??
As for the T4 you don't need it to fill your tax report.

sherri

Jan 25, 2006
Yes im still considered a Canadian Resident for tax purposes. I still have all my ties with Canada. First of all its my country of birth, i have my medical proviencial insurance, drivers license, and i am on a lease for a home in Canada.

As such what do i need from my employer to show my income? Will a copy of payroll be fine?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes im still considered a Canadian Resident for tax purposes. I still have all my ties with Canada. First of all its my country of birth, i have my medical proviencial insurance, drivers license, and i am on a lease for a home in Canada.

As such what do i need from my employer to show my income? Will a copy of payroll be fine?

When it comes to reporting income that isn't covered with a T4 slip our good old government will take your word for whatever you fill in that line called " other income". You just need something, anything as a receipt if they ever ask for it.

If it's a huge amount of income and you paid taxes on it you might want to look into having a professional fill out your tax return.