Best (or any) Gym near Jaun Dolio..?

Retired@40

Feb 9, 2006
I have been searching old posts for the best gym near or in Juan Dolio. We will be visiting the South Coast in late August. The earlier part of the month, however will be spent in the North Coast. I am familiar with the North Coast gyms.
Sorry for misspelling Juan Dolio

Last edited:

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
I have not seen any gym in the juan dolio area, however when i am in juan dolio i use to go to the gyms in san pedro de macoris, 10 mins drive east.
there is a full equipment gym just in front of Jumbo. there are several, but this is the best one. 2 blocks from jumbo there is another good gym, in the same sidewalk.

nikke

Sep 19, 2005
Body Factory

I have not seen any gym in the juan dolio area, however when i am in juan dolio i use to go to the gyms in san pedro de macoris, 10 mins drive east.
there is a full equipment gym just in front of Jumbo. there are several, but this is the best one. 2 blocks from jumbo there is another good gym, in the same sidewalk.

This gym is called the Body Factory. It's the best gym I've been too and it's clean and it has aerobics class. It's on top of the hardware store VILLAS II. you pay 500 pesos a month and there is no contract. I think the hours are from 7 am to 10 Monday to Friday. Saturday I think they are closed at 3 and I don't think they are open on Sunday.

They have 1 sauna so mens nights are Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and women's sauna days are Monday, Wednesday and Friday. They have decent equipment and massage service, a salon, decent locker room with showers (trade in keys or ID for a lock) and aerobics classes. The class routines don't vary much but the instructor Miguel is serious. There are personal trainers there as well for extra cost.

Otherwise when I lived in Juan Dolio back in 2007 there was a gym in the bottom of the apartment building next to Mar Azul. I don't know if it is still there, but it was really small.

Last edited: