Leaving car at POP airport.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Is it still ok to leave the car at puerto plata airport (next to rental cars) for a week or more without getting towed? I saw them rebuilding the parking lot a few months ago. i was wondering if they are charging for long term parking now?
Actually a dominican friend of mine is thinking of leaving his old car there to fly out from pop and come back within a week.
Please inform me with current info, no previous threads please. thanks.
AZB

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
The price for long term parking is the same as the price for short term parking. 3 Pesos for a car and 5 Pesos for a Jeepeta or truck. This is for 5 minutes or 5 months, or whatever.

There are now two lots. The old one which is for Rental Cars and the new one for others. I parked one day in the old lot to pick someone up and when I came out my car was blocked as they just put rentals anywhere and sometimes block cars. It was no problem as I got a guy to move it in 10 minutes time.

As for safety, I have never heard of any problems in the past, but I really do not know. I guess you would be better off in the new lot, but maybe the old one is more secure. If you park there do not park in the row closest to the Terminal, as it gets a lot of use and I think you would be better off in the last row. I got blocked in the first row.

As for towing, I have never heard of any.

Just my 2 pesos, or better yet 3 pesos for your car.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
The price for long term parking is the same as the price for short term parking. 3 Pesos for a car and 5 Pesos for a Jeepeta or truck. This is for 5 minutes or 5 months, or whatever.

There are now two lots. The old one which is for Rental Cars and the new one for others. I parked one day in the old lot to pick someone up and when I came out my car was blocked as they just put rentals anywhere and sometimes block cars. It was no problem as I got a guy to move it in 10 minutes time.

As for safety, I have never heard of any problems in the past, but I really do not know. I guess you would be better off in the new lot, but maybe the old one is more secure. If you park there do not park in the row closest to the Terminal, as it gets a lot of use and I think you would be better off in the last row. I got blocked in the first row.

As for towing, I have never heard of any.

Just my 2 pesos, or better yet 3 pesos for your car.

Heck, that cheap, that'll only get you a chicle and a half at the local colmado!