Cost of Condo in Sousa

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
Hello everyone,

I need some advice from the expats on Dr 1 who's always sooo helpful and on point.My husband and i (young couple) are intrested in purchasing a condo in the Sousa are.We were considering las Canas as one of the top 5 however the reviews are mixed so not sure baout that just yet.We have a budget of max 40 thousand dollars.Can you guys maybe give us an idea as to what will be a decent price to pay,and where we could locate some good deals.My husband do have family in POP area so we were thinking having them do the negotiating maybe their quote might be different.Any ideas suggestions or thoughts are welcome.Thank You so much.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello everyone,

I need some advice from the expats on Dr 1 who's always sooo helpful and on point.My husband and i (young couple) are intrested in purchasing a condo in the Sousa are.We were considering las Canas as one of the top 5 however the reviews are mixed so not sure baout that just yet.We have a budget of max 40 thousand dollars.Can you guys maybe give us an idea as to what will be a decent price to pay,and where we could locate some good deals.My husband do have family in POP area so we were thinking having them do the negotiating maybe their quote might be different.Any ideas suggestions or thoughts are welcome.Thank You so much.
Are we talking about a 1 bed unit?
If so, there's virtually nothing decent in Sosua for that price.
You may find something out of town in your price range, but I'm just guessing.
If you're talking about a studio, then yes, you should be OK with your budget.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Rocky (and others),

I know this question is highly subjective, but I was wondering: out of curiosity, what would you estimate the "real" price range being for a 1 or 2 bedroom condo in Sosua? Meaning, throw out the inflated pricing listed in agents' office windows on the high end, and presume there's no seller under heavy distress on the low end.

hypothetical requirements include:

5-10 minute driving distance to Dr. Rosen (10-20 min. walking)
construction and finish work similar to El Neptuno
competent management and maintenance, and good security.
Modern appliances and creature comforts, but not to an "ocean dream" level extreme.

Thanks.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky (and others),

I know this question is highly subjective, but I was wondering: out of curiosity, what would you estimate the "real" price range being for a 1 or 2 bedroom condo in Sosua? Meaning, throw out the inflated pricing listed in agents' office windows on the high end, and presume there's no seller under heavy distress on the low end.

hypothetical requirements include:

5-10 minute driving distance to Dr. Rosen (10-20 min. walking)
construction and finish work similar to El Neptuno
competent management and maintenance, and good security.
Modern appliances and creature comforts, but not to an "ocean dream" level extreme.

Thanks.
Just a guesstimate, but 60K for a 1 bed and 100k+ for 2 bed, as 2 bed condos in Sosua are a bit rare and proportionately more expensive.
That being said, I'm talking closeby, not a 10 minute drive that could get me right to Cabarete or some obscure far away barrio of Sosua.

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
Rocky thanks for your imput :) it's greatly appreciated.Maybe we'll increase our original budget and get something decent.Like i said before it's for renting.Thanks for the response.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Send Curt an email at DR1 Real Estate. I'm not saying he can find you something for $40k, but he recently did a few apartment deals for DR1 clients close to that number. Like anything, it's who you know when it comes to buying real estate, a car or anything of value here in the DR.

Email: curt@dr1.com

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Send Curt an email at DR1 Real Estate. I'm not saying he can find you something for $40k, but he recently did a few apartment deals for DR1 clients close to that number. Like anything, it's who you know when it comes to buying real estate, a car or anything of value here in the DR.

After living here for the past two years I would have to agree with Robert.

I know Curt personally and would recommend him whole heartidly.

His wife Sandy also makes the best wedding cakes, I am ordering one soon....if she can deliver to Santo Domingo.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky thanks for your imput :) it's greatly appreciated.Maybe we'll increase our original budget and get something decent.Like i said before it's for renting.Thanks for the response.
Anytime.
Bear in mind that I don't work in RE and I only posted my opinion.
Some might argue that I'm too low, others, too high.
Curt would be the one with accurate up to date answers.
Mine are only based on the condos I have and what I consider fair market value.

heavennsangel

Mar 15, 2005
Guys i will get in contact with Curt and i will let you let you know the outcome.I really appreciate the feedback all of you are a wealth of information.:)

Dafishguy

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007

Robert, I couldn't agree more. My time here in the DR has been both fruitful and exciting. I got in with the "Right" people and my life could not be better. I recently bought a condo so close to Rocky's I can almost spit there and I got the deal of a lifetime all thanks to Curt and some others who will remain nameless because they know who they are.

Basically, You hit the nail on the head.

Rick