I need a man!!!!!

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Thought the title might make you look!

I live in Higuey and have located someone who is selling 40 of the large yellow school buses which i need for employee transportation. The problem is i am a long way from santiago and know zip about vehicles and my husband even less.

Its a huge favor to ask but i am wondering if there is any men (or women, just incase i get accused of being racist) in that area that know enough about these things to maybe check it out for me and give me their honest opinion if it is in good condition and a good buy or not. Its alot to ask i know but i am hopeing a gentleman will help a damsel in distress and of course i will be happy to send you a bottle of johnny walker blue label or whatever tickles your fancy in return, as it would really help me out, But this is an expensive purchase so i would really need someone who knows what they are doing or can recommend a good mechanic in the area.

Thanks

A

apostropheman

racist no, sexist...perhaps :D:bunny::bunny:

I live in Higuey and have located someone who is selling 40 of the large yellow school buses which i need for employee transportation. The problem is i am a long way from santiago and know zip about vehicles and my husband even less.

Its a huge favor to ask but i am wondering if there is any men (or women, just incase i get accused of being racist) in that area that know enough about these things to maybe check it out for me and give me their honest opinion if it is in good condition and a good buy or not. Its alot to ask i know but i am hopeing a gentleman will help a damsel in distress and of course i will be happy to send you a bottle of johnny walker blue label or whatever tickles your fancy in return, as it would really help me out, But this is an expensive purchase so i would really need someone who knows what they are doing or can recommend a good mechanic in the area.

Thanks

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Is it a Santiago dealer?
Did you say he has 40 of them?
We might be able to send a mechanic down there, but it would cost more than a bottle of JW.
Now, if I were you, I would ask Hillbilly (The most trustworthy Santiago man) if he can hook you up with a good trustworthy mechanic, and then pay him what it's worth.
You'll come out a winner in the end.
You can be sure that if HB says the mechanic is good and trustworthy, then he is.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Is it a Santiago dealer?
Did you say he has 40 of them?
We might be able to send a mechanic down there, but it would cost more than a bottle of JW.
Now, if I were you, I would ask Hillbilly (The most trustworthy Santiago man) if he can hook you up with a good trustworthy mechanic, and then pay him what it's worth.
You'll come out a winner in the end.
You can be sure that if HB says the mechanic is good and trustworthy, then he is.

I am going to ring the dealer tomorrow and find out a little more info, but i really appreciate you replying Rocky thank you. I will PM Hillbilly and see what he has to say. By the way have a great 4th of july party next week, sounds like fun, only sorry i won't be able to come and meet you all and put faces to the names.

Thanks again

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I am going to ring the dealer tomorrow and find out a little more info, but i really appreciate you replying Rocky thank you. I will PM Hillbilly and see what he has to say. By the way have a great 4th of july party next week, sounds like fun, only sorry i won't be able to come and meet you all and put faces to the names.

Thanks again
One day, when all is running smooth with your biz, perhaps you'll be able to come up and join us for one of the big gatherings.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I PM'd you back. Are you buying 40 of them?? or just one??

I probably know where they came from: Zona Franca..if so I'm betting they are in pretty good shape...depending on the company...

HB

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
One day, when all is running smooth with your biz, perhaps you'll be able to come up and join us for one of the big gatherings.

I would really like that, i would like to check out possible business oppurtunities up there also. So maybe one day i will make the trip, be nice to meet some of you (not all of you, just some ha ha)

Thanks Rocky

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I would really like that, i would like to check out possible business oppurtunities up there also. So maybe one day i will make the trip, be nice to meet some of you (not all of you, just some ha ha)

Thanks Rocky

Hope I am included in the "some" :cheeky:

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
Me too?

Thanks Rocky

You had better let me know when that is going to happen - I would like to be there........ I am not too far away!!!!

:ermm:

Rio

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
4 or 5 thousand miles?
If you swim a couple of miles per day. you could get here in less than 10 years.;)

Never dare a fool!

It would probably take me less time to get from Manchester to POP and meet Laura than it would to find my way from POP to wherever the hell it is she is living now!

With advance warning - like a hurricane - I shall arrive in time for the big "meet".

Na Na Na :cool:

Rio

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
Never dare a fool!

It would probably take me less time to get from Manchester to POP and meet Laura than it would to find my way from POP to wherever the hell it is she is living now!

With advance warning - like a hurricane - I shall arrive in time for the big "meet".

Na Na Na :cool:

Rio

I will have to see if i can make it up there in august rio, hubby can pay for me to have weekend getaway and in return he gets peace and quiet as i will have to bring the little moster with me. talking of whom is now trying to stab me in the eye with a toothbrush!

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007

I live in Higuey and have located someone who is selling 40 of the large yellow school buses which i need for employee transportation. The problem is i am a long way from Santiago and know zip about vehicles and my husband even less.

Usually those yellow school bus are no in good condition in the Dominican Republic. If you drive on Sundays from Sosua To Santiago you'll find a lot of them broken on the way. Be careful before buying used vehicles. "International " is not a popular brand in DR. And old models American school bus have gasoline engine ( 5 mil. / gal. ) a lot of people convert those veh. to propane. it is cheaper than gas ( 3 mil. / Gal. ). I recommend you to buy Diesel bus no matter the price is a lot more than propane, Diesel will give you five time more mils. and long life engine.

JJ.

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005

I live in Higuey and have located someone who is selling 40 of the large yellow school buses which i need for employee transportation. The problem is i am a long way from Santiago and know zip about vehicles and my husband even less.

Usually those yellow school bus are no in good condition in the Dominican Republic. If you drive on Sundays from Sosua To Santiago you'll find a lot of them broken on the way. Be careful before buying used vehicles. "International " is not a popular brand in DR. And old models American school bus have gasoline engine ( 5 mil. / gal. ) a lot of people convert those veh. to propane. it is cheaper than gas ( 3 mil. / Gal. ). I recommend you to buy Diesel bus no matter the price is a lot more than propane, Diesel will give you five time more mils. and long life engine.

JJ.

Unfortunatly they seem to be the best option for my transportation needs, the back half of the bus i plan to remove the seating to make room for equipment and all the other other buses that are big enough are coaches or do not have rear doors and are too good to be ripping out seats. I am going to get the outside repainted with the company name etc. I will take on board your comment about a diesel engine, Thank you. I also realise these buses clock up huge amounts of mileage. I was thinking of buying a smaller bus and a trailer, but i can not find a trailer here in the DR and the cost of importing one costs more than the trailer itself, it would actually suit us better but it's a case of making do with what is actually avaliable.

Thanks

P.s I did have a thread in living section asking if anyone knew where i can find an enclosed trailer, but if anyone new reading this does have any knowledge on where i can find one that would be great.