T.S. Bertha

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
t.S. Bertha is off in the Atlantic and current models show no chance of it doing much here in the Caribbean.
There is a tropical wave going through that will dump some more rains on us.

So far, so good.

HB--Oh Chris where are you??????????????????????????????

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
You're right on target Hillbilly. Bertha is off barking at some waves and the tropical waves are monotonously travelling through the Caribbean Basin. I'm checking daily and will speak up if anything crazy is on the horizon. At the moment I'm taking a little rest from all the forum work.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Bertha is now a hurricane and is still spinning in the Atlantic ocean without threatening any land. It is rare to see a Hurricane develop in the Atlantic in July. Reading the Noaa advisories this morning, I learnt that another Hurricane Bertha formed in the Atlantic Basin in 1996 and that this one formed also on July 7th. Quite strange.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
QUOTE from weather briefings:
Bertha formed last Thursday near the Cape Verde islands off Africa. It is unusual for storms to form so far east so early in the season, and when it does happen, it is frequently a harbinger of heightened storm activity.

as long as this doesnt put a damper on my upcoming trip later in August....sigh

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
last bertha hit us in NC

Hurricane Bertha (1996) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia it had me quoting the grateful dead :bored:Bertha
------

I had a hard run, runnin' from your window.
I was all night runnin', runnin'; Lord, I wondered if you cared.
I had a run in, run around, and a run down.
Run around the corner, Lord, I run smack into a tree.

I had to move, really had to move.
That's why, if you please, I am on my bended knees,
Bertha don't you come round here, anymore

> Bertha, don't you come around here anymore.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
:knockedou The "Bertha" was a song about a fan (abanico) that was not solidly set down and would move around the studio. This is funny. Our Bertha here is also a big wind going round and round ...

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
YES !!!!, There is a god,

Chris is back !!!!!!

Last edited: