La Posada de Piedra in Punta Cana closed?

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
I was wondering what happened to La Posada de Piedra in Punta Cana.

I stayed there 3 years ago with my sons and every trip back I return to say hello.

I went the first part of June and it's all boarded up. Does anyone happen to know if they are still in the area although the bed & breakfast is closed?

I will miss seeing Guadalupe & her family...

Thanks,
Tracy

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi Tracy,
sorry that i missed this thread.
they closed for renovations, as far as my knowledges they will open again in a few weeks, they are still here, i saw Guadaloupe a few days ago right there at the construction site.
have fun
Mike

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
Thank you Mike!

I do appreciate your reply, and it's good to hear they are still there...

I will make a point to go visit on my next return.

Tracy :)

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
o.k.,
now i have to think it over myself,
you are right that the little bar aside the entrance is run by a you argentinian couple, but at this moment i don't know if they just run that bar(like rented or such) or if they took the whole place and it may be them who will run the whole place now. the actual renovation includes that bar, aside of the outsid walls the whole place will be redone. the next days i will ask there, because that couple i see around there quiet often.
Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
been told a few minutes ago that the old owners are still on it, the young argentinian couple runs the place when the construction is finished.
but that's what the guys/gals here in cortecito told me today, i did not see any of them around to ask them directly
Mike
anyways, the place is cool,
i like the atmosphere and hope they soon finish their renewing

Tracy

Jan 23, 2004
been told a few minutes ago that the old owners are still on it, the young argentinian couple runs the place when the construction is finished.
but that's what the guys/gals here in cortecito told me today, i did not see any of them around to ask them directly
Mike
anyways, the place is cool,
i like the atmosphere and hope they soon finish their renewing

Hi Mike!

Thanks for the update

Tracy :)

wouterc

Aug 26, 2008
Hi,
I'm a new member coming to the dominican republic with my girlfriend
next week. We are going to hike through the country for two weeks and we were planning to stay a night at this hotel on the 1st of september.
I guess it's not ready yet..
Does anyone know another budget friendly hotel for us?

abe

Jan 2, 2002
La Posada de Piedra is about as basic as you can get--nice people though. If you really want to walk out onto the sand beach, this is the place.

PCMike

Aug 30, 2008
I was fortunate enough to enjoy a couple Cuba Libres (best I have had in Bavaro...I might add!!), just before they closed to renovate. I drop by from time to time to see if they have reopened, but the boards are still up and the appearance continues to be rejuevenated.

Once reopened...this will probably become my first choice for a relaxing beverage at the end of the day...what ever hour that might be!

Cheers

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
oh Yes,
with one of my offices right in front even including a little bar for stepping in customers, i will sure be present there on regular bases, too.
i always liked the flair of the spot,
the renovations look like coming to an end soon, floors and walls are finished, all in natural stone styled, looks great.
Mike

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
I just stopped by the place which used to be "La Posada de Piedra" and met the new Argentinian owner who is getting ready to open a little restaurant and an art gallery.
He told me that he bought the place and that the old owners have left the country in February this year.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
thanks for the Info Mido.
i passed by there on a beach stroll with my son on saturday, they build up a bar on the beach side, it looks really nice.
if they provide a wireless over there it may get a new fav spot for myself to hang out there.
Mike